Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if I should mount these on the dash, or if I should put them under the dash...out of sight. What did you guys do?
I am running the FFR supplied Auto Wire harness and the Auto Meter Vintage guages. I am not planning on using a steering mounted turn signal.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I put mine under the dash centered under the steering column. Keeps them out of the way of my knees (6'5")

·
Registered
941 Posts
Toggle switches for both are on the bottom lip of the dash right under the headlight switch. You can hardly see them and they are easy to access.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,508 Posts
How about the old fashion method of the dimmer switch on the floor. I plan on incorporating it with a dead pedal attached to the 2 inch round tube in the footbox. Not sure how it will work yet but that's the plan.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,920 Posts
The hazards are never checked, but put it in anyway. First, it's a pain to delete. And who knows, you might need them. I put a toggle for each on the dash.

·
Charter Member
2,612 Posts
As far as the high/low beam switch, I placed a floor mounted switch, on the verticle 2 x2 beam which the door hinge is mounted. I can activate the high/low's by moving my knee and hitting the switch. I tried for a floor mount, but at the time did not plan for welding in a bracket to mount.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.