Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using the painless harness. do you have to hook up all the blinker lights to the switch? Also, the headlight has three filaments in it. How should it be hooked up?
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Scott

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
I used the small auxiliary light inside the headlight as a daytime driving light, although I have no idea if it's going to be bright enough. It's wired to come on with the ignition.

·
3,701 Posts
Scott - not sure what you mean about "hook up all the blinker lights to the switch". Are you talking about the turn signal circuit or the hazard lights circuit?

The 3rd element, the little one, from what I understand is a parking light - it's a Brittish thing

·
Charter Member
503 Posts
I used the small blub in the headlight as a running light when the parking lights are on. Looks great in the early evening before headlights are needed. Makes the car more visible from the front. If I remember right I used a jumper wire from the parking lights to wire it. Hope this helps. Chris

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John, I'm talking about only the hazard light circuit. I've already wired up the running light/blinkers circuit. I only have 1 wire in the harness for the hazard lights. I'm just wondering what I should do to correctly hook up the hazards.
Scott

·
3,701 Posts
I'm guessing that the one wire that you are talking about is the brown 951? It should be attached on one end to the hazard flasher and you attach the other end to whatever you are using as a hazard switch.

There are a couple of ways to do it, but basically since you are combining all the right and left turn signal circuits togethor you will probably need a couple of diodes from radio shack. Here is a diagram but the double pole single throw switch in 'A' is very hard to find - 'B' would probably be easier to do

Radio Shack #2761661

1 - 7 of 7 Posts