Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Try Porterfield R4S

Tom,

I've got the Hawk HP+ on the front of the car & really like them. As far as the back goes, I couldn't find it either for the Turbo coupe rear disc setup when I replaced mine over a year ago so I went with Porterfield R4S and haven't looked back.

HTH,
Will

·
FFCobra Craftsman
25,959 Posts
I saw only for the front of a "standard" model T-bird. No rears at all.

·
Junior Charter Member
292 Posts
I have a '92 T-Bird Super Coupe rear end and brakes in my Coupe. I have Hawk HP+ pads part No. HB112N.540 D413. I seem to remember I had trouble finding the right part no.
( Hawk HPS pads are HB112F.540 D413 )
Hope this helps. Bill

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
I have a '92 T-Bird Super Coupe rear end and brakes in my Coupe. I have Hawk HP+ pads part No. HB112N.540 D413. I seem to remember I had trouble finding the right part no.
( Hawk HPS pads are HB112F.540 D413 )
Hope this helps. Bill
Depending on your caliper and disc setup, using D413 dimension pads could create some issues that you might want to be aware of.

Specific info here starting at the end of post 159 and continuing from there:

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-factory-five-roadsters/245120-brake-bias-concern-warning-safety.html

Regards,
Bill

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I couldn't find any HP+ pads for the TC rears either and went with the Green Stuff pads from Mark. They seem to work pretty well although I still think I could use a bit more rear bias. I just got finished installing Hawk HPS on the Fox fronts which are much better that the Napa pads that were on there but this has thrown the balance off a bit, however all of the changes that I have made gives me a 100% improvement vs the way the car originally came.
Auto part Disc brake Vehicle brake Brake Wheel

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Johnny B G,
I have the Greentuff on the rear too. Ok but I too would like a better bite. When you added the HPS up front did you notice an improvement in braking? How can you tell the bias os off?
Thanks,
Tom

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Hi Tom. The Hawk HPS have improved the fronts quite a bit (I also had HPS on my 2 Camaros and really noticed a big difference with them over the stock GM pads). On the FFR they seem to need a little more pedal pressure and work a bit better when warm but in my not very scientific braking tests they do seem to stop better and have a better initial bite (which is what I was really looking for). It's still tough to lock the rears and when I check the temp with a laser gauge the rears are not as hot as the fronts (but maybe that's normal?) The brakes are powered with the Jeep MC and work well except for needing a bit more pressure than a street car but aside from that are working quite well now. I keep thinking about Wilwoods from Gordon but not sure if there would be a big enough gain (mainly street driving) to go through the expense and hassle of the upgrade (but they do look great and are so well engineered), will keep thinking about it over the winter as I'm running low on projects. Shocks and then brakes are on the maybe list after changing out the seats (I need more room) and adding footbox air. Regards Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.