Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just asking since I have a friend that said take him anything and he will do it for FREE. I had my engine bay panels polished with a nickle finish prior to meeting him damn! But I wanted to know what else I should do, J pipes/side is already getting Ceramic Coated in and out but what else?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do you recommend that I take advantage and remove all the engine bay panels and have them coated for FREE? What would all those rivet butts do in the chassis?

·
4,342 Posts
Originally posted by capricho427:
What would all those rivet butts do in the chassis?
Make your car sound like a pair of maracas on every bump. :D

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL

·
Junior Charter Member
594 Posts
My door hinges are powder coated. Undecided yet
on engine bay panels.

·
Charter Member
3,445 Posts
Had my ffr louvers powercoated along with the hood hindge and parts.

·
1,569 Posts
Don't forget the side pipe hanger brackets and the spacers for the front and rear quick jack mounting bolts (there are 12 of them).

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Chromed (along with hood hinges):

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hi,

I went for quick jacks, door hinges, hood hinges, all engine bay panels, exhaust hangers, side vents, brake duct mesh. Basically I got the interior pieces coated gloss black, and the exterior pieces matt black to match the ceramic coated side pipes.

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
444 Posts
I built a 4’x4’x4’ oven and bought a eastwood gun. Powder coated hinges, hood support, quick jacks & sleeves, side pipe hangers, steering knuckles, rear end, pulleys, tensioner, Basically anything that didn’t move in my garage got coated. Biggest mistake was not coating the exposed aluminum panels. I took what I could off and polished them then clear powder coated them.

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
Les, how do you like the powder coat gun, and what did you use to make your oven? I've been considering the Eastwood powder coat set-up myself. I figure it can't hurt to have one, I'm sure I'll use it for more than just the few pieces I'll coat right now. That along with my new welder, and the rim clamp tire changer and computer balancer, I should be set....well theres alway a place for a new toy..I mean tool. Now I just need a bigger garage for it all.
Lile

·
Junior Charter Member
3,114 Posts
I powder coated anything that might rust. Door hinges, hood hinges, front spindles (not the bearing surfaces) fuel filter rack,.. you get the idea. Pete

·
Building
833 Posts
Originally posted by Rad22:
Chromed (along with hood hinges):

Rad22 - Yours are the one stuck in my head
Chrome, Chrome - Yep Chrome them.

Ron

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,359 Posts
Yes the chrome looks awesome! I painted my door and hood hinges with krinkle finish paint.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Guys! So should I remove my engine bay panels and get them coated now or what they are polished and finished in a nickle look.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts