Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi Mike,

Yes I have them on all 4 wheels. I use them in their intended fashion when I am bleeding alone and have not had any problems to date.

I still prefer to use a 2 man system, even with the bleeders on the calipers. Old school I guess. :rolleyes:

Hank
FFR 1776-II

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well Grasshopper...I've steered with my knees, held a Coke can in my left while holding (sensored) in my right...trying to releive myself while doing 75 mph on the expressway. Is that a speed bladder???? :eek: dino

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
I've used "speed bleeders", vacuum pumps, and used beer as bait to get help. My favorite method is to run a long plastic tube from the appropriate bleed screw to the master cylinder. Then I can sit in the car, with a beer, and pump the pedal. Life is good.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,510 Posts
Though I really like oldguy's method I have Russel speed bleeders on the front I could not get them to fit right on my Tbird rears I've checked the numbers and gotten a new set still dont fit. probably my calipers. So I default to promising my 9 year old daughter a good smokey burnout if she helps. For initial bleeding the speed bleeders are not that good but seem to work fine for fluid changes once you get all the air out of the system.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
I don't get it... last time i blead breaks.... and left the master cyl top off I got fluid allllllll over... so how in the world can you run the plastic tubing to the resiviour? Without replacing the top! So confused!

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
I think that the Earl's product works much better than the Russell's.

I use a Mity Vac to suck the bubbles out: no muss, no fuss.

Forrest

1 - 9 of 9 Posts