Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for wheels like the Torque Thrust D that will fit in the rear fender wells.
I stopped by Team III today and checked out their wheels. They look good and they'll make the backspace at whatever I want.
I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with them and what your thoughts are.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,717 Posts
Mike,

I've got a set of the Team III Halibrand wheels. They are really nice. However you need to check the distance from the mounting surface to the back of the spokes. I had to use spacers because the back of the spokes were rubbing against the calipers.

Also, they said it was a 3 week delivery but turned out to be 6 weeks.

Ben

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
We are dealers for Team III and have been very happy with them. We have dealt with all of the backspacing issues there are. If we can help let me know. Either way you will not be dissapointed with Team III. Cheers Richard

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
I have two sets, one for street the other for play. They will build them with any backset that you need and they are wouth the wait.

·
Super Moderator
29,434 Posts
Chuck-

I just wanted to say your Cobra is THE BEST looking Cobra I've seen. The tires and wheels and that color make it a perfect "10" in my book.

2FAST

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Chuck, Beautiful looking Snake! I'm considering a 9" also. What width did you have Currie build your unit to? What width would have you needed to go to eliminating the need for spacers? Any diameter interferences with the calipers and the I.D of the rims? Any frame of fender rub issues?
What is your rear suspension set-up? Any wheel hop? What was the price of the rims?
Again outstanding looking car
Bob Mac

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Chuck, I meant what back spacing would you have needed to go to to have eliminated spacers with the width axle you were using?
bob Mac

·
Cobra Builder/Driver
253 Posts
I bought the Team III wheels also. Excellent quality and they look good. I'm running 15x8 front with BFG 245/60/15 and 15x10 rear with BFG 275/60/15. They came with chrome valve stems installed with o-ring caps,lug nuts and spinners and I paid $1150 shipped. Backspacing was custom for my car (Lone Star) and an 8.8 rear. No clearance issues.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
BUY YHE WHEELS FROM RICHARD, BETTER PRICE THAN GOING DIRECT IF YOU BUY HIM A BEER.
JACK

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
2Fast,
Thanks for the complement. I thought that I had a nice FFR until I showed it at the Temecula Rod Run. I found out that it was about middle of the road. You California guys sure know how to build show quality cars.

Bob,
I am using a 8.8 SN95 rear end setup with Disk brakes. This has a wider track than the ealier units. I am running 15x10 inch rear wheels with a 7" backspace. I am not using any spacers however I did have to modify the three link to fit the tires. If you stay with the FFR 275x15 recomendation or go with a 17" wheel everything will work OK. However, If you like big tires and want to stay with 15's you need to grind as needed to make them work.

·
Senior Charter Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I spent about an hour with Scott at Team III today. I learned more in one hour about wheels than I could have learned in a life time anywhere else.
He makes some really nice wheels at what ever back spacing you want. Then when you get the car done and realize that you screwed up, you can bring them back and he'll make them the way that you meant to have them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.