Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Curious George
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
has anyone figured out a redesign of the Gen3 engine cover?

I see this and think :eek:

anyone know a company that can make custom covers for the Coyote? Seems to be an area that could be quite innovative!

·
Curious George
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul (edwardb) did a rework on his which kind of got rid of the batwings. I'm sure he will chime in with some good pics and description.

Jeff
oh yeah, I've seen his Type65 Build - neat mod to fix the flat-top look...

I'm curious if folks have tried 3D printing, or other type of mold process to create something totally different...?

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Since you've seen what I did, nothing to add there. I sent a picture of mine to my contact at Ford and suggested something like this might be interesting to the aftermarket crowd. Said they'd talked about it (they don't like the OE cover either) but don't have the bandwidth and isn't happening. I haven't seen anything from the various aftermarket guys. American Muscle, CJ Pony Parts, JLT Performance, etc. Also nobody has posted any other DIY approaches. At least that I've seen. I think you're on your own. That's the conclusion I came to. Actually, IMO the center piece without the wings isn't bad. Even with them just cut off it's not terrible. Good luck.

·
Curious George
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since you've seen what I did, nothing to add there. I sent a picture of mine to my contact at Ford and suggested something like this might be interesting to the aftermarket crowd. Said they'd talked about it (they don't like the OE cover either) but don't have the bandwidth and isn't happening. I haven't seen anything from the various aftermarket guys. American Muscle, CJ Pony Parts, JLT Performance, etc. Also nobody has posted any other DIY approaches. At least that I've seen. I think you're on your own. That's the conclusion I came to. Actually, IMO the center piece without the wings isn't bad. Even with them just cut off it's not terrible. Good luck.

Thanks!

On a side note since the 2018+ coyote uses 10qts of oil, does the modified oil pan hold that much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Thanks!

On a side note since the 2018+ coyote uses 10qts of oil, does the modified oil pan hold that much?
I drained the oil out of my Gen 3 when I took it out of the crate. When I put the oil back in after changing the pan, installing in the chassis, etc., took a bit more to get to the full line on the dipstick. Naturally would have been some loss with the drain, re-fill, and so on. But I'd say they're about the same.

·
Curious George
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts