Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
2,811 Posts
Not sure about Ram air since the scoop doesn't really stick up far enough to be affected by air flow, but there are plenty of cars using the turkey pan to seal the air cleaner to the hood scoop. Sear for turkey pan and you should find pics.

·
British Steve
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thinking of making one of my own turkey pan full size of hood scoop with rubber gasket around top

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Stock scoop does not extent above the boundary layer and that area is also a low pressure area at speed.

Turkey pan is the way to do it and it will get you some horses from cold air. If you want ram air, you are going to need to "pimp za auto" with a taller scoop or use a rear-facing shaker scoop to draw air from the high pressure area at the base of the windwhield.

Mike

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Pimp za auto yee hee hee! I thought of one of those air pan items that jegs and summitt sell and Earls brake vent scoop add some flanges to the pan ,hoses to the brake vent if it wont blow the hood off it might work. Also you could by the double from earl and run another hose out the side vent effectively removing some air from under the car Bob

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Taylor:
Pimp za auto yee hee hee! I thought of one of those air pan items that jegs and summitt sell and Earls brake vent scoop add some flanges to the pan ,hoses to the brake vent if it wont blow the hood off it might work. Also you could by the double from earl and run another hose out the side vent effectively removing some air from under the car Bob
Something more direct over the top of the raditor might work better (like Bob Zook did for his FI Chevy).

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.