Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need advice on routing the computer harness near the driver's footbox. I have it comming out the top of the passenger footbox,traveling along the lower part of the firewall,making connections with the injection harness and the BAP sensor.
Where do I run it comming forward along the driver's footbox? It has 2 connectors to the dash harness. Do these connectors go above or below the steering shaft and shaft cover??????
Any pics??
Thanks

·
4,703 Posts
Coming out of the footbox try not to use up all that good area. I ended up putting my Dyna -Batt there.
Inside I would stay along the square tubing, only because if you drill through for speedo cable and other things that occupy that space up high.
Also If you are leaving those two big connectors on the harness that clip onto the throttle body. If you stayed up high, then those can be tucked up under the crowl area in the engine compartment to hide them. Hope that helps.

[ March 23, 2003, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Knightyme ]

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks
but I need the routing along the drivers side to the connectors from the dash harness
TEC

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,004 Posts
Tim,
You can run the harness either above or below the steering column.
Just make sure that where ever you decide to mount the harness, it will not chafe on the aluminum.

There is no recommended wiring route, just place the harness where you have the most room.

Hope that helped.
Ed
FFR1997K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts