Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago, Thramp donated his hat to Lepew. Lepew likes his new hat, but wishes it would match his suit better. The paintjob on it is beautiful, courtesy you-know-who, but Lepew would rather fix the hat instead of getting a new suit to match. So, the hardtop debatification process will soon commence, but Lepew can't seem to make up his mind on wether or not he want's stripes or no stripes. What's a skunk to do??? I tried photoshopping the pic below to change the top to black without luck. I'm leaning more towards no stripes, but wondered what y'all thought. :D

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
Yeah Chuck is right... Sort of like stripes in your wife's dress.. :eek:

Does this make me look fat?

:rolleyes: :D

·
15,282 Posts
Gotta be striped. Going solid is like mixing stripes and plaid. Ask your wife. :D

Cheers, John

·
Senior Charter Member
3,613 Posts
No stripes here.....no problem.

·
THRAMP-master
3,473 Posts
Poor LePew is black & blue! Did a Corvette beat him up? ;) :D

With black you could go either way; stripeless looks kinda like a "hard" softtop. Can't tell from the pic how well the white matches yours; if it's a match, you could leave the stripes to exhibit Bat-Jeff's work, and just paint the blue part black.

Drive on!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm with Russ.

Mike M.

·
Cobra Colorist
5,632 Posts
Paint the top white, put a star on the door, slap a gumball on the roof, and run around pulling ricers over for poops and giggles.

·
Charter Member
1,765 Posts
Can someone with photoshop show it in plaid ?? I want to see what mixing plaid with stripes looks like.
Scott

·
Registered
207 Posts
Alex, I think it looks better with the stripes. If the body was solid black, the no stripe scheme would work better.

It just seems to have a better flow with the current scheme.

Just my preference...

~Steve

·
Senior Charter Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok Jeff, but what if I get pulled over? Should I tell em you said it was OK?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts