Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. I have the gray 3-ton version, but different product number.

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Well, I checked my Jack Stands and I'm 6 for 6 on the recalled stands. Thanks for the post. I'll be taking back my (4) 3 tons and (2) 6 ton stands to HF.

·
Registered
742 Posts
thanks for the heads up jason. i'll check when i get home. i'm pretty sure i have some of the 3ton ones but will check the serial numbers.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Thank you. 2 of mine were listed. Quick run to the store and I placed them in the bin with another 15 sets. Picked up some new ones.

Thanks again
Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
742 Posts
2 of my 6 were on this list. Thanks again for potentially saving my life!

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crazy. I'm happy people are benefiting. I am happy no one has said they got hurt from them.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Every time I see a recall like this I imagine something terrible must have happened for this to have been brought to light. I just hope no one was hurt too bad or died.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I think I'll purchase some double lock stands this time. just to be doubly sure. :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have several similar style jack stands that are not HF. I have looked at them closely and cant figure out how they would fail. Has anyone looked at the HF ones to see the defect?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have several similar style jack stands that are not HF. I have looked at them closely and cant figure out how they would fail. Has anyone looked at the HF ones to see the defect?
The recall is apparently because the manufacturer's tooling became worn over time and the teeth were not sized/shaped appropriately.

If I'm under the car with jack stands, I always throw a wheel under there near me. If the car comes down on me and the wheel, I might be trapped but I'll still be able to breathe long enough for someone to find me. If the car's full weight is on you, you can't even call for help. Not how I want to go out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow! Thanks Jason. My 3 Tons are going back to HF today. Just had the MkII all the way up on 4 of these stands to R&R the trans, thankfully without incident. Similar to initiator, as backup I keep concrete blocks and/or the hydraulic jack in place in addition to the stands.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Warning!
Check your welds on the replacements. I bought double lock stands and one set had good welds, but the other had bad welds AND No Welds!

Big Red 2 Ton stands are to have welds at the base, but one set was never welded. Only tacked. I showed my wife that you could break that piece of with pliers, and did! Be careful!
See pics attached. Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts