Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am ready to order wheels and am considering the halbrands from discount tire.anyone who has tried these wheels please let me know how they fit and if you had any problems. what size and backspace did you get? i am considering 17x9 on front with 245/45-17 and either 17x9 or 17x10.5 on the back with 275/40-17. this is a fox body car with a solid axle. thanks in advance for any advise.
donny

·
Registered
554 Posts
The Hallibrand hub cover interferes with the dustcover on the front wheel. I had to hollow out the provided hub covers and use 1/4 inch wheel spacers to make them fit. The hub covers have .40 in. of material (thickness) and I removed .20 in. off the inside on a lathe. I have the 17"x9" cobra III's with 245/45's and 275/40's. Are spinners available? They were a bit pricy when I ordered the wheels and then I read they were not available.

·
Charter Member
1,328 Posts
I have 17x9 front 17x10.5 rear with 315 nittos all fit fine (I have IRS and SN95 front though.)
The SN95 "upgrade" was very inexpensive, bought the hubs,calipers,rotors,spindles for 125.00 might be easier for some guys than machining and adding spacers.

I'm still concerned that the body may rub, but thats the bodyman/painters problem!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts