Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hopefully it's not to distributor it's brand new MSD ready to run distributor.

I'm going to let the mechanic figure it out at this point.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hopefully this will be as easy of a fix as when you ran out of ⛽

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hopefully this will be as easy of a fix as when you ran out of ⛽
Trying to forget that. Lol

I was already planning on taking it out to him I wanted him to fix the oil leak figure out why I'm burning oil and the head bolt leak and to do another tune.

So the car was already going out to him anyways.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Bummer. Most of the symptoms you described could have been as a result of the loose crank pulley and belt slipping. I had a PS pulley start to slip and it caused me to lose all assist along with a loud squeal, fixed it with a bolt & washer in the pump snout. Maybe get your shop to do a full nut and bolt check for you. Always good to have a second set of eyes looking at things. Will keep my fingers crossed for you that it's just the pulley and a quick fix. Scott

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Bummer. Most of the symptoms you described could have been as a result of the loose crank pulley and belt slipping. I had a PS pulley start to slip and it caused me to lose all assist along with a loud squeal, fixed it with a bolt & washer in the pump snout. Maybe get your shop to do a full nut and bolt check for you. Always good to have a second set of eyes looking at things. Will keep my fingers crossed for you that it's just the pulley and a quick fix. Scott
Thank you.

He was curious why the bolts came off in the 1st place. I'm sure it's me. Maybe forgot to tighten one or I did not put some type of locker. Like blue toctite.

I wanted him to do some work anyway. No biggie when it comes down to it.

Thank you
Jason

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
He said he will put it on the Dyno for the tune and tell me HP and torque.

I have been waiting a couple years for that.

Jason

21 - 27 of 27 Posts