Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of guys are running these on a Mark II with no mods. What is the backspace?

thanks

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
My 10.5 Bullit wheels are +28 mm or about 6.8 inch back space. I run 5/16 spacers to get extra clearance on the 3 link lower bracket, left side and it looks better.
hope this helps
David W

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
10.5 x 17 Cobra R's, did the frame mod.. 28mm same as David, with IRS and VPM swaybars...I still have about 3/4 inch clearance to the edge of the rim.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,543 Posts
I think those who are using the Nitto 315's arent having to do any modifications to the frame for clearance. A 275 should be fine, although it may look a little square on a 10.5" rim because the tire is 10.8". 275's look good on a 9" rim. With the Cobra R's, they just increase the depth of the lugnut holes to gain the extra width without changing the look of the outside face of the rim. With the Bullits, Wheel Replicas kept the centers and lugnuts constant and added the deep lip to get the width. Hope this helps!

Mike

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
David,

With the 5/16 spacer, do you have any rub on the outside fiberglass fender. That would equal your wheel with a 6.5" backspace ( = .75" out towards the lip than mine). Also, how does the wheel fit without the spacer at 6.8" b.s. (.5" in more than mine).
I think a team III 17 x 11" with 6.8" b.s. should fit my car. That will send 1" out and .5" in.
I put my 275/40-17 with 17 x 9.5, 6.25" b.s. rear wheels with a .15" shim on the front and they look F&*$*&$ awesome. I just have to stick with the 11" front brakes.
I was going with 285/40-17, I figured 315's on 11" wheels would never work. I really dont want to mod the frame.

trevor

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess according to Ken - David would still have .44" clearance with the 5/16" spacers installed. I think I am good to go, unless some one thinks otherwise???

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I had the tires rub on the inside aluminum when I came into my drive at an angle before I put the spacers on. With the space the tire is centered in the wheelwell and it looks better. I have Michelin Pilot sport 275/40/17's and there is room to go wider. I have the ride set at about 4.5 inch and it never rubs now.
David W

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
david,

Do you have a Mark II or III?

trevor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts