Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I went to test fit my exhaust last night and noticed that my exhaust doesnt seem to fit. I have a 97 donor car that i am using for my GTM build and i cant seem to get the exhaust to line up. I know for sure the cars exhaust is a 1997 because the manifolds are stainless stamped manifolds. The exhaust FFR sent me was for the 1997 with the movable collar and it pretty much just sits on the cv axle boots? Anyone have a problem similar to mine? Seems like they do not go up high enough to the "x" brace for the H pipe to attach.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi
I had the same problem when I made the "silent" exhaust for the inspection.
Had to cut in lower u-bend and reposition and reweld, hope it is silent enough now. (have a nice cooks system for later :))
Hope that helps

Best regards

Thomas

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
I had the same problem when I made the "silent" exhaust for the inspection.
Had to cut in lower u-bend and reposition and reweld, hope it is silent enough now. (have a nice cooks system for later :))
Hope that helps

Best regards

Thomas

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Got some 99 manifolds for sure coming my way from the vette forum. Leta hope for some reason they fit. If not i am going to call ffr again and see if they could send me another echaust setup i only bought it 3 months ago..

I already sent them 15 photos and i got a response but the response was to cut what i had and bend it and get it re welded, i don't feel i should have to go this way to make it work

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good news

Spent 4 hours on the phone with a GM engineer today to try and figure out my exhaust issue. Well GM told me that the early C5 1997-1998 mid year hard a different exhaust on them and that the manifolds were bent at different angles. So if anyone ever comes up and thinks that their exhaust is bent like i did you have the early c5 model. I called up ffr and spoke with jason and let them know the book was wrong again but none the less problem fixed.

3 different manifolds for the c5 and if ur exhaust sits a few inches too low then order or buy 1999 manifolds and this will solve ur problem.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have the 99 exhaust manifolds and the ff pipe is about 1/16 inch away from the square tube frame at the lower bend. I'm not sure if this is normal. The clearance seems too close especially whith rubber engine mounts...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.