Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pictures or a link to any threads as to where the emergency brake cable bracket is suppose to be mounted, I was thinking of drilling a hole through the frame and mounting it as shown in the picture But I am still not certain that it will clear the engine...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
that location will not work when the engine goes in
There is actually no real good place if you use the donor cables
Install the engine before getting to involved in the emergency brake placement

·
Registered
101 Posts
cable

I would replace the cable with a longer cable +25 inches on the hand brake. The bracket that conects the rear two cables to the one from the hand brake can then be mounted to the rear X member. I got my cable from Cal push pull .
They will need your old cable to make up a new one.
Leonard

·
Registered
218 Posts
Shane (VRaptor speedworks) sells a nice piece that mounts to the transaxle. It also give you the extra length.

·
Premium Member
11,081 Posts
The brackets I offer will only work if you've got the "crate engine" oil pan.

E-Brake Bracket Kit

It will not fit LS7 or 'Vette batwing oil pan. If I ever get another bat-wing pan in here to play with, I'll probably try to come up with a mounting solution. For right now, the best solution for the batwing pan is to follow Leonard's advice and to find a suitable place to mount the splitter box (after you have the engine installed so you can see what's going on) and then order all new cables to fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts