Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I'm not the world's greatest driver, but this sure was fun. It was like bringing a really large gun to a knife fight. The car ran great and was easy to control. This parking lot is in horrible condition so it was more like dirt tracking than autocross. I had to put blue tape around my wheel wells to avoid getting rock chips. I certainly didn't win the day, but I bet I got the holeshot...

GFM - YouTube

· Junior Charter Member
2,087 Posts
Hey that is my home track. How come I have never seen you before? Man I look forward to running with you. I have been trying to get more of the FFR and Cobra guys to no avail. I can't wait to have another FFR to run against. What event was that? I haven't missed one in a couple of months now.

BTW there is an autocross this coming Sunday the 16th...come on out!

Here is one of my laps on the same track:

And one at Gateway:

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This was my maiden voyage with the car. Just trying to figure out how it handles. I've been driving it around for a while, but this was my first event like this. Still not finished with the car, but close enough to drive it. This winter I will work on finalizing the interior.

The group I ran with was the Boeing group. I haven't autocrossed for years, but like this group because it's usually about 50 cars instead of 200. I got 6 runs that day and that's about right for me. I'll send you a PM with the contact info. I think they are running again on Oct 14th.

· Premium Member
889 Posts
Nice video. Not too far from the Lincoln Nebraska finals. I just got back from there last week (supporting my son). Switching to Hoosier A6 tires will be the biggest single improvement you can make. Keep doing it, it is addictive.

· Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Very nice!!! Your track layout looks fast. In San Diego they try and limit the speeds to around 60 mph. Have fun, after all that is why we build them.

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tires are definitely the weak link in my setup. I'm on crappy Firestone Wide Ovals because I was afraid to blow up the tranny. After I grind these off, I'll get something more sticky for sure and roll the dice.

It will be fun trying to get them to hook up at the drag strip this week. Below 11.5 seconds you need 5 point seat belts which I don't have. It would be great to get thrown out, but I don't think this car has the tires or the driver to get it done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.