Factory Five Racing Forum banner

621 - 640 of 642 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #621
I received the first cut from the mould. It's pretty good, but needs some tweaking. By mid July, I'm hoping to have the final CF part and
ready to lock in the LCD gauges!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #622
Word has it, I'll have my CF cut dash pod by late next week, and then I can
finally wire up the LCD!

I've been working hard on my car dash graphics. The last one was a bit "off-the-wall", but I'm loving this one!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #624
Finally got the Carbon Fiber parts in-hand!

Now I can install the gauges and do a proper video. It has been far too long,
but better late than never!

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
Tino-

That is really terrific CF work! That's going to look amazing on your GTM!

Also, I really, really love your LCD gauge set-up that you have created!! I can't tell you how impressed I am with your creativity, your design, and execution!! Not only will it look amazing in your car, but has all kinds of applications in the hot rod/custom car field. I think you are going to have a real hit with this, and you certainly deserve it! I hope you keep us updated on how things proceed with this effort, and I wish you luck with it. I suspect SEMA should get you a great deal of positive attention.

Awesome updates!

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #626
Getting somewhere with this interior (finally!). The Carbon Fiber is just beautiful; the vinyl can no longer stay! Over the Winter I'm
hoping to have the doors skinned with CF and the remainder of the console covered with a flat CF.

The gauges are alive, but not yet connected to the sensors. I'll be digging away all week to get a functional video of this thing in action.
Sorry about the blacked out squares, there are just too many eye-sores happening with wires and unfinished interior.

The new pod fits very nicely. It's not screwed down yet, but the contour matches well.

The Double DIN is roughed-in. I'll need a 90 degree adapter to get more clearance for cable in the rear,
then it will sit flush with the console. The LCD is a live shot, but there's no bezel over the display yet.
I'm trying to find the best method to cut Carbon Fiber straight and clean.

This is a little photo edit of how it will look with trimmed and finished.

With DIN/Bezel Plate:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #628 (Edited)
Here's a quick clip of my touch screen with engine start and tach working. I'm still
working away to get all the trim and final fit completed for the dash and console screens.
It's starting to take shape!

I'll be uploading a longer video this week showing more of the functions:

·
Registered
17 Posts
00SS, any more pics of your lambo doors found in this thread? Which hinges did you use and any tips would be welcome. Considering doing it on my rebuild of #172 Gen 1.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #630
I started documenting the doors on the other forum, then gave up as my process was a bit convoluted.

Now that I've figured out the end result, I can probably redo and revisit the procedure. If you give me about a week, I can even make a video.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #632
Here's the video for TracyBarnes. I'll see if I can dig up the part number for
the Hinge that I used.

Maybe someone else knows of a better/different product that worked on their
car?

Please excuse the condition of my GTM. It looked better at one point in the past,
and now I must get back on the path to finishing this machine!

https://www.youtu.be/7bcmVdFzTsc

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #635
That's a photo edit. The diffuser is from a Ferrari F430.

The dealer wanted a ridiculous amount of $3,000 + tax for just the plastic version without mesh and other accessories.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #637
Gotcha. At one point an fr-s rear bumper was mentioned and the only similar to your render I found was a diffuser for a Scion tC.
Sorry, my thread is a rats nest of thoughts. I think I've changed my mind on details more than I change underwear (ie: rear tail lights).

The FR-S looked like it would fit fairly well when viewed online, but after stopping by a dealership and taking measurements I realized it was not going to work.

Now I'm thinking I'll just design one myself to clear that funky oil accumulator
that's sitting behind my transaxle.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #638 (Edited)
First off, I'm headed to SEMA this week. If any of you are going to be around,
let's meet up for a quick hello! I'll be seeing some guys from the F5R team and
"Crash" which will be fun.

Not much happening on my car, but here is more of the carbon fiber work.
The dash pod is bolted down and it fits exactly as it should. The passenger
side piece doesn't line up so well, and it's the original piece that was skinned
with CF. Go figure?

All that vinyl is going to get replaced with flat CF, as well as the door skins.
Maybe some Alcantara brand fabric on key places as well?

With all that done, I've made up my mind to strip the entire car down this
Winter. This video will explain why I suppose. I'm also going to extend the
console area to fit a bigger touchscreen. I'd like to have it inset for an OEM
look - thinking Tesla, glass cockpit! :nerd:

maybe a 12 inch LCD , with a more personalized graphic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #639
The tear down has begun. I'm ripping out all of the wiring and starting fresh. While the interior is gutted,
the console is getting chopped to make room for a bigger touchscreen. The red line in the photo is the
planned shape.

Also having some thicker gauge vent covers made up. I'm not liking the bent aluminum look very much.

Lastly, the LCD system got a fresh graphic. It's a mix of LaFerrari, McLaren 720S, and some personal
touches. I've given up on the space-tech theme and going with a more performance oriented feel.

621 - 640 of 642 Posts