Factory Five Racing Forum banner

401 - 420 of 642 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Thank you Mr. Ron! Passenger side bracket photos will be posted within the next few days.

Does anyone happen to know the wiring for the telescopic column, Momentary high beam circuit?

I can get the forward (push) high beam to work, but not the pull/momentary high beam to work on the stalk.

I've tried the manual, and SpyTech's blog, but neither provides light.
It's possible that the circuit, or switch is faulty, but you never know.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Going well so far, we'll see how symmetrical these doors really are.If nothing else, I'm getting good at blending weld seams.
Boy Tino,

First you want the doors to be symmetrical, next thing, before we know it, you want the front end to just jump on there for you, with no problems :scared:

What ever happen to No Pain No Enjoyable Gain :evil:

BTW: You weld seams are getting really good :yes:

Ron

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
I have been doing some work on the LCD gauges again. After speaking with Ron (my modification consultant)
he has suggested a method to install the screen without modifying the pod.

All I need is to make a new trim plate out of carbon fibre. There is a local
supplier that carries a wide range of cloth, so I`ll be speaking with them this
weekend.

Can`t wait to install this!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
The particular tablet that I'm using has a 9x5 viewing area with 1366 x 768 resolution.

That allows for the same 4 inch gauge face as the Autometer speedo and Tach, plus a great deal of room for icons, messages,
and the fuel, coolant temp gauges on the same screen.

At first I thought the gauge size would have to be reduced, but it turns out I can go bigger with rearranging the layout if needed.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
100%

I made a cardboard template which will be transfered over to a poly/Lexan frame temporarily. I'm in the process of getting some carbon fibre cloth to
make a new faceplate and trim.

There's enough room on the sides to install indictors, and buttons if needed.

If all goes well, I'll have the system working by next weekend.

I've finally completed the lambo door bracket for the passenger side, so I'll be hitting up the doors as well.
July 1st? No sweat?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
what is the size of actual openning on the cardbaord? do you get to see all the 9x5 size of the display?

What is the total X,Y of the display?

Do you still plan to just use a tablet for display?

Thanks,
Mostafa

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
The opening is 8 7/8 x 4 15/16 inches which shows all of the display.

There is about 3/4" blackout trim around the tablet LCD which is covered.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I am thinking about using full hd+ display 1920*1200 more resolution, 10.1 inch, but not sure if it will fit, I do not have my car right now.

How hard is it to make the bezel?

Mostafa

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
The bezel is fairly simple to fab., at first I made a cardboard template and
then transferred it into Lexan/poly. The edges still need to be cleaned up
as they are jagged, but it looks pretty good.

After some modification of the steering hub adapter (cut off the mounting ring),
and using the stock zero offset wheel, a total of four inches (fore) was gained.
That value also includes sliding the bolts to the ends of the slots. It makes
connecting the telescope feature almost worth it now.

Does anyone have the number for the closeout panel needed to cover the
footbox area just above the 'glove compartment' location? The fourth photo
is looking down from the passenger's seat area. Front of the car is forward.

I can't seem to find a panel that resembles that shape, or a combination of panels?
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #414 (Edited)
Nevermind, I found the closeout piece needed for the footbox through Dave Borden's build thread.

I thought there was a top panel, but it's just a vertical piece that contours the hood.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
After 2.5 hours, the passenger door is not too far off from the driver's side in symmetry.
There's that light at the end of the tunnel, or is it just a fireball coming to knock me out?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Tino, how are the gauges and software going? I tried to use processing for my 1920x1200 screen and needle movements was not good using processing, too slow, do you see the same issues? specifically RPM.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
Sorry for the late reply Mostofa, I was away for the weekend. The gauge project is going along well, and has taken a new twist for the better.
I'm not seeing any lag, or slow movement on my setup, however I've only done bench testing with simulated pulsed inputs.
You may want to check your FPS setting, and ensure that your processor can handle the animation load. Other than that, feel free to send your
code and I can take a look.

The wiring is taking longer than anticipated. Would you believe I have about 16 physical hours on this panel alone, and the right side relays are not
complete? Still three more outputs to connect on the right side, clean up the loom, and make the cover.

I have installed a CF overhead panel that was originally meant for gauges, but since the LCD project the rearview monitor, and ignition switches
have moved to that location. A little racecar-ish cheese? Sure! If nothing else, it makes the forward view much better as the monitor is above the
roll-bar. I found some nice SS, illuminated pushbuttons switches that will replace the rockers. A little bling on the pedals, and GPS antenna to boot.

I hate posting dates because they are tough to meet, but I'd like to see these gauges in the car by end of the week!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Thanks for the response Tino, I have since move from processing to real C++ due to speed issues, but the whole thing just got much more complected since the environment is much harder to work with.

In processing I set frame rate to max and even with very fast PC I could only get 35 or so FPS, only way it got faster was to make the needle a simple line and rotate instead of 1920x1200 image.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #420 (Edited)
I know the importance of getting good lighting, and finishing a task before showing off the detail, but I am already liking the look! The clear Lexan panel needs some trimming and sanding to square up the cut lines. It also needs
to be painted, or lay down some matting to match the interior theme. I'd really like to see carbon fiber cloth wrapped on the poly, and then clear coated. I don't know if that's an option, or whether I need to have a piece made.
In any case, the wiring continues. Testing this weekend if all goes well.

Attachments

401 - 420 of 642 Posts