Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD

It's time to actually put my GTM up for sale. I have been haphazardly advertising it and it's time to take the bull by the horns. It has been on the cover of Kit Car Builder and Grassroots Motorsports magazines and has been featured in Kit Car Magazine twice. It was also the first GTM selected as picture of the month on this site. I have copies of all except the Grassroots Magazine - can't seem to find that one. Pics can be seen here: http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq286/HenryRenaud/GTM/

She has a F.A.S.T. intake, Formato spec'd Comp Cams cam, ported Z-06 heads, upgraded oil pump and rod bolts (Katech) and has been tuned by Formato Racing out of FL, the best tuner there is on GM's. She has 427 RWHP and weighs in about 2350 lbs.

Other niceties - carbon fiber front, rear and side splitters (side splitters not in pics - I added them when I got her home - I can send pics). Brandwood cable shifter, Porsche G50 - 01 tranny with new Sachs clutch, TO bearing and flywheel.

Also has custom side window vents (cold air to intake) and roof vent (blows air through engine compartment to help cool her down). New 09 Vette rims with new Michelin Pilot PS2 tires. Calipers have been powdercoated black with "GTM" in yellow on front calipers (by Disc BrakesRus).

Also has Eclipse stereo with Sirius satellite, IPod connector, AM/FM, CD and a power amp and sub woofer in passenger foot box.

Seats have been modified with holes added for seat belts as well as side bolster on outside cut down for ease of entry/exit. Has a custom shoulder belt seat harness that mounts to the rear firewall/frame. Full fire supression system by Cold Fire that has 2 nozzles in engine compartment and 1 in each foot box.

AC blows cold and works with the GM system (thanks Richard O) so all safeties are intact (over revving, low pressure, etc...). Custom roof liner that looks and feels OEM and was done professionally. Windows are tinted (legally). Interior is fully insulated for heat and sound with Second Skin Audio. Driver's seat is fully adjustable with Borden designed adjusters and she has Borden designed door stops.

Bottom of car has Russ Thompson skid rails to protect the bottom from "speed bumps"

Carbon Fiber dashboard with Dakota Digital gauge pod. Also has carbon fiber dash center and engine cover and rear wing.

Exhaust has mufflers added to quiet her down and stop the popping that comes from the stock exhaust. It has also been ceramic coated.

Color is 2000 Corvette millenium yellow.

Car has 23?? miles and is located in central Massachusetts.

She is very fast and reliable.

I am sure there is more. I can tell you that it is the hit wherever it goes. As soon as we stop, crowds gather and ask questions and take pics. My favorite is when people take pics in the side view mirror with cell phone because they don't think I can see them while driving down the highway. ;)

Motor was brand new and tranny was completely rebuilt when installed.

Thanks,

Henry

·
4,083 Posts
I have seen this car up close many times and it is absolutely beautiful and well-sorted out. Henry and Steve did a fantastic job building this car and someone is in for a real treat owning and enjoying a car of this magnatude!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have seen what this car can do ,I can get in and out (and for me that is not easy) she is one nasty machine, Sound 's and look's MEAN I watched this one being built and it is worth much more than Henry is asking. Who ever get's this one at this price is stealing it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
:wave: throw in the rims will ya, how am i gonna get this car home to san diego. i will call you tommorow and maybe we can chat. so your car is yellow with black rims,right? i have been looking at too many gtm. dont remembered everything. thanks Henry
Sean

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Hey Sean, The car looks great. I hoped you checked out the link above, it has a great slide show.

Marty

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
For those that haven't seen Henry's GTM Pic's really don't even do it justice, but here's a taste. Whoever gets this one wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just an FYI,
The prestige motors link does not work anymore.

That car is outrageous. My wife says as soon as I pay off our 2 trucks, I can have one of these. Hopefully by this summer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Possible - tell me more about the Z and where you're located?

Henry

Just outside Buffalo NY- Here are a few picks on a recent thread on corvetteforum.

I just picked up a 34 Chevy 3 window last week, so the bank is busted for few weeks, but you never know...

03Z with few mods - Hurst short throw, vararam, carbon fiber air bridge, cags... On my second set of tires, (changed last yr, still like new) I bought the 930 that is in the thread, and to be honest hardly used the vett this past year. The car is perfect except one stone chip the size of a 1/8 inch on the nose. I have the touch up paint, but it's not warm enough.

As you can see from my garage, I take care of the cars... The Z06 has been in a bubble every winter since 2003... lol

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z06-discussion/2472904-garage-makeover.html

1 - 20 of 41 Posts