Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to go GENTEX digital mirror for GTM.

As owners know, in order for a standard mirror to be in position to see anything out the back, it needs to be fairly low on the windshield. Unfortunately this also means blocking a bit of the limited view out the front of the GTM. Even with the mirror fairly low, it still does not do the best job of helping you see behind you.

What if we can mount the mirror high up, see great, and have excellent back-up visibility?

It can be done. But it's expensive.

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Speedometer Automotive design
Hood Automotive design Car Vehicle Personal luxury car
Mirror Automotive side-view mirror Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Automotive mirror Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Car

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went with a different brand, same reason thought.
I bet you will love it.
Where you have your camera mounted you may not have the issue I did.

My camera was mounted just above the rear license plate and I love the view, but...

I had to add some "virtual car" pin striping on the display because the display didn't show my car. This made it difficult to judge when you could safely change lanes without cutting off the car in the lane you wanted.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are actually two cameras in this setup.

One is out the bulkhead window between passenger area and engine area. It is the black box shown in the photo. This camera provides the standard rear view.

A second camera is mounted just below the license plate (actually on the diffuser where it blends in). This camera provides the super wide angle back up view.

Yes, I love it! Would do it again in heart beat. Wish I didn't wait as long as I did to do it. It is a much much better driving experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts