Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Listing updated!

I have had more offers to part out the car than to purchase the whole setup. I have removed all the parts not for sale with the kit and reduced the price to $28K. There is easily over $40k invested at this stage and a good majority of the work has been completed.

I'm in San Diego if you want to come and look.

PM me if you are interested.

Joe

·
Registered
539 Posts
Selling the GTM

Rob,

Sorry to hear you are selling it. This is a really good price for the kit and all new donor parts. Rob doesn't cut corners; his work is excellent. Cheers

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Reduced Price!

Lowering the price to $26K and you arrange shipping.

What you get:

Base Kit (Gen 1)
AC upgrade
Brandwood cable shifter
GM non-donor parts (minus calipers and rotors)
Custom "GTM" logo gauges
Stock Corvette wheels and tires (rolling chassis)

What you still need:
Donor engine
Transaxle
Clutch and starter
Corvette calipers and rotors
Painless wiring system
Stock (or Kooks) exhaust

I will include everything I received when I purchased the car from the previous owner. I have not inventoried all the panels and parts, so there may be parts missing, however I have already found duplicates of parts as the previous owners were building multiple GTMs.

I will also include the build manual and any additional parts that came with the car.

As such, this kit is sold as-is.

There's easily an additional $20k worth of parts, not to include the time already invested. I just don't have the time to complete it anymore.

PM me if you are interested.

Joe

·
Registered
549 Posts
Would you consider selling this GTM without all the extras (gauges,a/c etc..)?
Im looking to build a pure track car and will be using my own components.
If so, how much?
I'm in So Cal

Robert GTM # 407

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update! Price reduced for forum members!

I spent the better part of the weekend re-boxing all the parts I have and as far as I can tell I'm only missing one headlight. No guarantees all parts are here, but there are many extra parts such as two sets of plexiglass headlight covers, extra inner and outer CV boots. Extra aluminum panels and lots of extra hardware.

Work that has been completed:

Brake and clutch lines installed.
Rolling chassis - all suspension and steering mounted
Door frames partially started, inner braces installed and power window motors installed
Radiator and cooling system installed - car had full drive train installed when I purchased it
AC system installed
Many panels already riveted and covered in Dynamat
All panels drilled for riveting

That being said, the body is rough and needs lots of work - There is orange tape on the back hatch that got old and wont peel off, but will sand off easily
The vinyl interior pieces needs some cleaning and may have nicks and some small scratches.

The car has some wiring, but I removed the iSquared system years ago for an InfinityBox setup, that was never installed. You will need to purchase a Painless or other wiring system.

This is a good deal for a budget build for someone with talent and time to finish. I have receipts for all parts (the new GM parts alone cost $9000 back when the build was started).

Considering this is a 1st Gen GTM and the new kits are $25K and the additional parts installed are valued today at almost $15k, I'm hoping to sell this for a reasonable price.

Asking $22K and you arrange shipping.

I will be listing it on eBay next weekend with a reserve of $25K

Thanks for looking!

Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts