Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a set of GT-40p heads. I know most of you guys have had problems with spark plug header clearance, but I am willing to give it a shot.

I have $100 burning a hole in my pocket that I can put on a set. If you have a set you have, I need some cores to rebuild. Thanks, Allan (208) 5two8-2three2seven.

·
Big Sky Builder
2,633 Posts
You might check over at corral.net.

I paid around $300 for mine, which seems to be about the going rate for useable ones, but I've seen them for $200 or less.

No problems here on my clearance, although you have to be cautious with how the boots are aligned or you'll burn them.

Alternatively, you can port out a set of E7's, more of those lying around. I have a set that came out of mine.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Get them from a mid '97-00 Explorer or mid '97-01 Mountaineer. Actually the change from GT-40 to GT-40p, I believe came in the 2nd quarter of '97 production.

The entire engine can sometimes be gotten for around $300-400.

George

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I am looking for a set of GT-40p heads. I know most of you guys have had problems with spark plug header clearance, but I am willing to give it a shot.

I have $100 burning a hole in my pocket that I can put on a set. If you have a set you have, I need some cores to rebuild. Thanks, Allan (208) 5two8-2three2seven.
Spark plug clearance isn't an issue when you use headers designed for the GT 40P heads.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I thought the GT-40P heads would work OK with the 4 into 4 straight headers, at least that's what I heard. There may be problems with the Mustang headers and J-pipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts