Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Lobaks installed on my car. Of course there quieter than my FFR pipes but they make a lot of (air noise) :( . I guess the back pressure buils up enough to come out the end of the pipe in a air rush sound. I like my loud pipes much more but I'm shipping my car to Germany soon and I need the quieter pipes to pass inspection over there. I'm taking my loud pipes with me so I can swap them out when every I want so I can scare the hebee gebees out of the Germans.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Larry D. Unlike the U.S. they really don't like noise from cars in Germany. I mean they reeeeaaaally don't like noise. Just honking a horn without a reason can get you in trouble. No boom boxes played while you wash your car, etc. Seriously. You will also find that your German neighbors will give you a hard time on this. From my 3 years there living in a little German village, the neighbors will exert quite a lot of social pressure to conform. We all swept the street every Sat morning. No work whatsoever on Sunday. No lawnmowing, car washing, etc. at least where I lived. Trying to be a good neighbor in their country I went along with all this. Actually we got used to it all and had no problems and lots of good German friends. Just a heads up on my experiences. Maybe where you are going it will be totally different.

·
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi AirForceOne

You are right about the neighbors around were you live. There's always somebody that doesn't like it.

I lived in Frankfurt Am Main for 6 years, Zeginberg for 5 and Heilbronn for 3.

I had a 57 chevy over there with a tunnel-ram/two 4 barrel Holley's sticking through the hood. Every time a German seen it they would start yelling TURBO,TURBO. I had those J.C. Whitney exhaust bypass valves on it so I could open the exhaust by pulling a cable.

I could set at a light quietly and if something pulled up next to me and wanted to play a little
I,d pull the cable dump the clutch and scare the be-gees out of them. I almost always got a thumbs up. I think there just bored with seeing the same thing all the time, and just really love to see and hear something with real power.

I rode Harley's over there alot also so I pretty much learned were and when to behave

·
Junior Charter Member
422 Posts
Hum... Germans don't like noise ehh?? Well mabey that's why I have to listen to thier damned F-4's and Tornados all day in full burner going down the runway. Also funny, they drive the crappiest car (or BMW, nothing in between) and alot of those have little to no exhaust. Go ahead and be as loud as you want.. just tell' em I said so. -wingnut13

1 - 5 of 5 Posts