Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to upgrade my 4-link (ProShock)coil-over set-up to Gordon Levy's 5-link Watts system. The FFR 3-link is nice but I want to try something different, and the 5-link looks easier to install. For details on this suspension upgrade, check out his website (make sure you look at the Support tab for specific install info) or do as I did and call him - he'll spend whatever time with you to sort out any issues you are having.

Anyway, I asked Gordon about a group buy (and checked with Bill to make sure the forum is cool about it) and he will knock off $250 from the $1595 regular price if at least 4 systems are shipped together. Hopefully a few of his past customers can chime in on how they like this product and how they assess the value vs. the cost equation.

Since I am in the midwest (Chicago area) I am testing the waters to see if anyone else is interested in buying this set-up, and at a slightly better price. I haven't worked out the logistics yet - kind of dependant if we can get a group together.

I will also post in Midwest section of forum. I have personally benefitted from other vendor group buys in the past - but I did miss the one they did with Gordon a couple of years ago (on Koni's). Give it some thought and get back to me.

tim

·
1,672 Posts
It is the most bulletproof setupout there.

Install it early in the build since there is welding.

·
Charter Member
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well ... it seems more of the 4-link folks are satisfied with their set-up than I am. I thought this was a good idea since if you paid someone to retro-install the 3-link for you it was north of $700 plus the parts (so the 5-link is cost neutral to the 3-link option with the group buy). That made it a no-brainer for me to jump at the 5-link (also my local shop told me it was no big deal [or $'s] to weld the set-up in after I installed it). In the end it appears to me you have a more adjustable set-up that should be easier to install, and it appears to my untrained mind to be a more bullet-proof option.

Looks like I am in the minority with that point of view. We'll see if anything develops but there seems to be minimal interest.

tim

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Tim, I think your dead on about the Levy set up. I think with the stright axle it is the best set up you can go with.I wish I had the coin to switch my four bar, but that will come at a later date.Roger

·
Charter Member
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update - we are half way there with the Midwest requirement, and we have others in different parts of the country who want to order or have more than an interest. If we can get some others, I'll check with Gordon about the geography "challenge" if not enought come from the midwest.

Give yourself a big pre-Christmas present that will keep you smilin next year!

tim

·
Junior Charter Member
75 Posts
Tim,

I'm interested in changing to a 5-link, but I'm in the Bay Area in California. Did you get any interest from others on the west coast for a group buy?

Bob

·
Senior Charter Member
939 Posts
Levy group buy

Tim, Im late to the party also but I too want to switch from the 4 to levy 5 link. Of course I'm the most geographicly challenged out here in the middle of the Pacific ocean. If you can make anything work I'm in. Aloha, Karl

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
What is the status?

Tim,

I think mine should arrive around Dec 17. (nice stocking stuffer) I wanted to say thanks to everyone in the group who helped make this happen. Tim, it was a fantastic idea.

Thanks again, Jim

·
Charter Member
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jim: Thank you for being part of the group. I have a business trip out to Phoenix next week so I am planning to stop by Gordon's shop to place my order in person. Given the lousy weather in the midwest, I might as well spend some quality time in the garage (heated) with this upgrade. Keep us posted on your install progress - you can show the rest of us how to do it.

tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.