Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Groaning/Squeeking Clutch Pedal

604 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Big-Foot 
#1 ·
About a week ago, my clutch pedal started groaning/squeeking when I engaged the clutch. The cable had 20K miles on it, so I replaced it and the noise went away for a few days. It started again yesterday. The noise is only coming from under the dash. The clutch pedal is a little more difficult to actuate. Any ideas?

#2 ·
what kind of clutch cable did you use? ford repalcements cables seem to be much smoother then most aftermaket ones.
I had to adjust the fire wall/pedal box area on mine. The cable came thru at an off angle causeing it to rub.
May also be as simple as lubeing the pivot shaft the pedal rides on. Tough to get to without removable foot box top.

#4 ·
If you have a firewall clutch cable adjuster, turn it just a few degrees in either direction and try it again..

Most of the Clutch Quadrant replacements raise the cable up so high it rubs against part of the firewall adjuster and will wear a groove in it.. It might be binding up in the groove..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.