Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use this stuff on their daily driver? Claims you don't have to wax your car for a year....

Jon

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sheesh - comeon guys, haven't any of you used this stuff???

·
Master of my Build
2,013 Posts
Bringing this back to the top. Picking up a new car today and the prep dept was pushing a paint sealant. He claims you never have to wash the car again and dirt, bird poop, grim fall right off. The color becomes more vibrant and makes it really pop. For a little over $200 :blink: the car will look great for years and never need to be waxed. It will increase the resale value. It seals the paint and brings it all together. I said, it sounds amazing and is better than clear coat. He said it is better than clear coat.

I told him I'm a hot rod builder and that I would pass, he couldn't get off the phone fast enough. :lol:

A little quick research on the web......
MSN Auto: Dealer Options to Avoid - MSN Autos
Paint Sealant: This is another instance where the dealership hopes the car buyer will be gullible enough to believe that it’s using some special technique and material that’ll keep your car’s paint looking factory fresh, when it’s typically the same products found at any auto parts store. The best way to preserve your car’s finish is to wash and wax it regularly. Better yet, take the money you’d pay the dealer to “seal” your paint and instead spend it on the occasional professional detailing.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stuff I am referring to comes in a bottle, is applied with a towel and costs $20. I keep my car outside and it still looks damn good after 5 years in the sun and elements. And I chock it up to the sealant..

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I just recently used griots line to detail a used car I bought. Polish2,3, then paint sealant. Turned out great.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,087 Posts
I had a dealer try the same thing with me. He went on and on about how the sealer bonds with the metal at the molecular level and will last for years. I then asked that considering that they lay on several coats each of primer, paint, and clear, how exactly does his stuff in a bottle ever touch the metal. He very quickly dropped the act and we moved on with closing the deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts