Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I decided I want a grille. Anybody have any pictures or ideas?

·
Senior Charter Member
1,012 Posts
Oldguy,
Don't know if you recall what I did, but I put a SS screen directly over the radiator.

Later,

Gratz

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want a decorative grille..like the AC Ace had. Maybe a nice heavy egg crate style. I'm open to anything right now

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
You have mail

·
Registered
860 Posts
Originally posted by ghalleck:
You have mail
I'd be interested to see the pics...

:D

Neill

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the pic:

·
Registered
860 Posts
hrmmmmmm...then again....maybe not.

;)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
HHMMMMM.....
Give it a little bondo catfish face and skinny wheels, AC badges, an old flyers helment, a white moustache, and it'd be a sleeper, or have I woke up from an old dream.
grumpy

·
FFCobra Craftsman
767 Posts
I saw a cobra a year or so ago that had a grill made from the egg crate florescent light cover.

The kind that goes in a dropped ceiling, in most offices.

He said he painted one red, one black and one silver I believe. It....looked damn good. Looked very AC 289ish. We were rather suprised where it was sourced from, didn't look "cheap".

-steve in nj-

·
3,701 Posts
How about a billet aluminum grill?

:

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, John...where'd you get it?

·
Registered
860 Posts
hmmmmm.....

That second one I could almost go for!

NICE

Neill

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm at the body mounting stage and the thought has been in my head. I haven't priced what the Ford dealer would want for a new one, but the dark grey plastic grill from my 2001 Ford Ranger Edge model looks like it might have potential. The plastic from the lights sounded like a player as well.
Eddie

·
3,701 Posts
LOL Just playing around with PhotoShop. I had been thinking about it, and when I saw your thread, I decided to see what I could come up with.

I don't think it looks too bad. Maybe one of the fabricators around here could come up with something?????

·
Charter Member
140 Posts
Cute, really cute. I was gettin ready to ask where to place my order...... :D

·
Senior Charter Member
6,776 Posts
When I built my LAE, in '94, I built my own grill out of some expanded metal and then had it chromed. It cost about $3. for the material, 3 days to weld and buff ready for plating and $100. to chrome plate it.

You have to look close to see it, but there is a grill there.

[ August 03, 2002, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: CRZN427 ]

·
Registered
322 Posts
Summit sells blank grill material for $24 or so. Not very expensive to experiment and see what you can come up with. I guess I bought a 1991 Accord with 240K miles and ordered a clutch from Summit. Nature follows and now they keep sending me rice-burner catalogs--that's where I saw the "build your own" grill material.

·
Senior Charter Member
6,776 Posts
I finally got a better picture of the expanded metal grill I made for my LAE.

Also I was reading another thread about Cobras and car shows where the "Buddy System" gives the trophys to less that deserving cars.

I've seen a lot of that happen.

I also have taken several for my efforts. This picture shows about 22 of the 30 trophies I won in the seven years I showed my LAE before selling it and buying an FFR.

Hope to be on the car show scene again next year.

I have tried three times to get this photo to be a big as the one on my previous post on this thread, to show the grill clearly. The photos are the same size in my file but this one comes out this smaller size and I'm through dinking with it.

[ August 07, 2002, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: CRZN427 ]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts