Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,997 Posts
That's a great story. Philip and Kay captured the essence of FFR ownership perfectly. They're wonderful people and a lot of fun to be around but here's a tip from a man of experience. If you're doing a poker run and Kay is in the lead car navigating, don't let her have a beer at lunch. Despite the roar of the exhaust, you can hear her giggling as you're driving one car back and you will get lost ;) !

Actually, it was as fun getting lost as it would have been if we'd stayed on course :D !

Rick

·
7,134 Posts
Phillip and Kay are great people and I visited their campsite at VIR this year and walked away poorer. Not from spending time with them, .....

Phillip showed me a must have , a simple Tonneau that Kay had made , and he happened to have a spare, well I didn't hesitate to open my walletand relieve him of that, and it was well used the rest of the weekend.

Thanks guys and may the open road welcome you many many times in the next decade, wherever Mariah takes you.

The other RICK

·
Registered
399 Posts
I agree Rick, great story. You won't find any nicer folks than Phillip and Kay. They are a pleasure to be around.

Phillip has helped me a lot with my hardtop with ideas that have made it better and more enjoyable.

He and Kay have come up with some really nice features for the car as well. They did an excellant job on the car and the color combination on the car is wonderful.

Sean

·
Senior Charter Member
3,613 Posts
Stumbled into this post today. You guys are way too kind. I mailed the letter to Mark & Dave while we were in the mountains this summer to express my appreciation for what they have allowed Kay and I to do. I sent them the only decent photo I had of Mariah.

So everyone knows....Kay is not in that photo!!!
Just Mariah and two old Marines. Me on the right and Tom Smith and his #3174 on the left.

See ya ........

·
12,663 Posts
Phillip Deal.......and KAYE

Great help to me on finalizing the trunk Project.
Great help to Jeff and I at SNAKES AMOUNG US last fall at Kershaw.
Great help at 3 MAFFROGS Christmas Parties.

Super idea guy.

Makes a pretty fine wine also.

I know no nicer folks. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . but at the same time, they are a lot like a alot of the other MAFFROGs couples... in that they will do any thing for you.

AND NOW, he's helping me name my car... previously known as the Yellow Submarine.

earl

·
Senior Charter Member
3,613 Posts
Gratz, you have e-mail.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,613 Posts
rkt_snc, and others........ here is a Club Cobra post in July with a picture of the cover.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54865&highlight=tonneau+cover

We were out of pocket for all of July and August and I am currently recovering from hernia surgery so progress has been slow.

The wife sews these up for ~$75 plus S&H. They fit FFRs with single rollbars and low back seats. She will shortly be doing one for a dual rollbar FFR. Four fiberglass stays from Home Depot provide the front to rear support and the bungee cords keep it tight.
Installs in about 30 seconds, stores in the trunk or mostly for me on top of the seats under the seat belts. Keeps sun and prying eyes out of the interior. Keeps the majority of the rain out, but some can still blow or run under the cover if the car is pointed downhill. We are very satisfied with the convenience it has provided to us.

If anyone is interested, send an e-mail and we'll discuss.

Phillip

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.