Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Charter Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go Birds!!!!!!! (EAGLES)..Sing along!
Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory, Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown one two three
hit-um low, hit-um high and watch our Eagles fly,
Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory!
E..A..G..L..E..S...EAGLES!!!!!!!

on another note, how did the Jets lose that game? Jets fans must be in some dark cold place today, I feel for you.

I love this time of year!

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
All I can say is that God must be a Steelers fan like I am. GO Steelers!!!!

I felt bad for the Jets, as they should of had that game. But then again, I am from Chicago and I generally don't like ANY NY teams. When the Bears don't get it done, I am all about the Steelers.

Yeah baby!

·
7,097 Posts
ACKKKKKKKKKKKKK Fall Eagles Fall!!!!!

Call me delusional, but I'm sticking by my Vikes!

·
Non-whiner
10,646 Posts
Sorry, Mike, they just didn't have it in 'um today (let's not start another Moss session, although he deserves it).

Go EAGLES! Yes, we even got the game here in London.

·
Non-whiner
10,646 Posts
BTW, I lived in Montgomeryville, PA for over 20 years and am a dedicated Eagles fan. Just in case you thought I was jumping on the bird wagon.

·
7,097 Posts
I don't know if the Eagles won or the Vikings lost! Both teams let a lot of opportunities get away. In my heart I wanted the Vikes to win but knew it was an uphill battle.
I think the Eagles better bring more to the table next week though!

·
8,160 Posts
I don't know if the Eagles won or the Vikings lost!
Uh Mike, That would be a big AFFIRMATIVE on both counts. I guess you're still in shock eh?

I agree though, not the best from the Eagles by a long shot. However in previous years luck has not been with the birds, this year, especially after watching todays game, may be things have changed. We will see.

·
Non-Traditionalist (I'm not a purist, just look at
3,008 Posts
Not to burst anyones bubble, but the Pat's are gonna make this there 3rd trip to the superbowl and 3rd world championship in 4 years.
Go Pats!!

·
Charter Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike my friend, hang tuff...of the few positive things seen from the NFC this year, the vikings were one of them.
A rested Eagles team showed a little bend-dont-break and a nice mix of offense and defense. Bring on the Falcons...more great football!

Mark...WOOOOOO..YEEEEAAAAH!!!
It's nuts here in the Delaware Valley, Eagle fever reaching a fever pitch...bugger..no T.O. but a strong and healthy Westbrook!
How about Trotter, Dawkins, Kearse and first down freddy!

Pats - Steelers
Eagles - Falcons
Bring it on!

·
7,097 Posts
There was no stopping that Trotter guy! Who the hell hired him?
And what happened to Indy last nite? They looked pathetic! THAT was a boring game!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Mike,
I think it was more the Vikings lost than the Eagles won. The Vikes had many opportunities and just made mistakes. Turnovers and penalties killed them. The Eagles didn't play a horrible game, but if they play that way against Atlanta, they'll be home watching the Super Bowl with the rest of us. They're going to need to step it up a few notches. Jeremiah Trotter was an Eagle who went to the Redskins for a bit, then came back to Philly. He played like a man possesed yesterday. Incredible game. I'm still in shock that Freddie Mitchell actually stopped flapping his gums long enough to catch a few passes!!

I think the Eagles should, that's should, beat Atlanta. Whether they can get past New England or Pittsburgh is a whole 'nother story. Not that I wouldn't route for them, but that's one tough task without Owens. I think the Eagles should look to draft or trade for another receiver. Ownens may not like it, but without him, the offense becomes one dimensional. And so far, with the exception of yesterday, the other receivers have not shown they can be a solid #2.

Steve

·
Official Member of the Unofficial "First 500 Club"
3,007 Posts
"Big Ben" looked really bad against the Jets, how bad do you think he is going to look next week? That was the NFL MVP and NFL record-holder playing QB yesterday, he didn't play so great did he? Stop the Steelers running game and it's over Johnnie...................IT'S OVER!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I love the fact that just about every "expert" picked the Colts over the Pats in a high scoring game. New England's defense slammed the door on a very good Colt's offense. Evidently NE was not quite "ripe for the picking" - thank you Mike Vanderjagt for a little locker room motivation. Bill Belichek has a knack for getting the most out of the players he has available. No superstars on this team. Peyton Manning can fill his trophy room with MVP's I'll take a bunch of guys willing to give 110% and two Super Bowl Trophys in last three years.

·
Charter Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know if the Eagles won or the Vikings lost!
I have to respectfully disagree. The Eagles defense completely controlled the line of scrimage and kept cullpepper guesing as to what was being thrown at him next. He was effectivly hurried, rushed and sacked.
The offense also looked sharp, with the offensive line giving McNabb, way too much time to pick a route. When you have a championship level team on the ropes at 21 - 7 at the half, almost 28-7 I'd have to say the game was being skillfully disected. Several Viking recievers pulled up or turned to run too early to avoid getting smacked. Thats taking control of the game!

As for the 108 yards in penalties v.s. the Eagles 20, I believe that comes down to coaching, and in some cases being behind and desperate in a game.

In a similar fashion New England won the game over the colts, the colts did not hand it to them.
Both the Pat's and the Bird's held the most potent of offense's in the NFL to less than a total of 18 points in a must win game.

With the exception of Jim Mora,(I think he will be outstanding) the best coaches in the game are heading into the Championsip weekend, not just the best teams.

·
Non-whiner
10,646 Posts
Don't forget Westbrook, er, Waldo. Everytime the Vikings lost sight of him, he made a big play.

GO, EAGLES! Atlanta will be a great game.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,848 Posts
It was a bummer to see the same old stuff out of the Vikes......same penalties, mistakes, and lack of preperation. Even our QB couldn't see a simple outside rush. We gave the Eagles every opportunity to make it a blow out and they just wouldn't bite.
The Pat's do look really good right now!

·
Charter Member
114 Posts
Go Pats!

·
7,097 Posts
Originally posted by kobrak:
.... We gave the Eagles every opportunity to make it a blow out and they just wouldn't bite. ...
That's what I mean! That game really should have been a 40 point game had the Eagles capitalized. Yes they looked good and the Vikes imploded. But, my opinion only, the Eagles can't expect to have the same breaks while missing out on opportunites. I think the only thing they will have going for them against Atlanta is home field and the weather this weekend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts