Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about 1500 miles of driving so far and I notice a decent amount of grease spray from my two driveshaft universals. I have a MKIII with 3-link and an 8.8. Does any one else notice this much grease? It's just a fine haze, but my aluminum panels are un-painted so it is noticeable. If necessary, I can crawl under there and get a pic later today.

-Steve

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Do not worry it's just the overflow of grease from greasing the u joints. They do not take much. Mount up your facr shield spray it with brakeleen and wipey wipey.Mines the same way it a machine stuff gets dirty. Bob

·
USAF Lifer (Retired)
1,221 Posts
Wasn't sure I wanted to look at this thread with that topic line!

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
25,999 Posts
Watch the evening network news. I bet you can find a drug advertised for that. I just saw an add for a drug to combat PMSDD. I thought PMS was bad enough, now it's even worse than we thought!

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. Yes, I needed to guarantee that I peaked some interests with the title. Made ya look!
I was interested in the amount of grease debris everyone was seeing under there. I have cleaned it a couple of times already. How often should we re-grease the U-joints typically?? After having the sealed ones for so many years now, I don't have any reference info.

-Steve

·
Registered
456 Posts
You could be safe and add more grease when it stops spraying...........

Ernie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts