Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sergio,

Please add FFR #5392 to the graduating class of 2009! The car still has minor issues to take care of and I question if the car really will ever be 100% complete. In any event, the car took a little longer than expected due to some medical issues, but it's to the point of graduation. The car already has over 800 miles on her.

Joe - -

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Stunning, congratulations!!!!

·
Banned
294 Posts
Congrats!

You got a heckuva machine! I am really excited that you overcame the "roadblocks" and are able to enjoy such a beautiful looking car. Love the paintjob too!

Sending you a PM asking about the titling process in Texas.

·
Super Moderator
29,555 Posts
Congrats! Your car is beautiful!!

·
Junior Charter Member
1,176 Posts
Way to go Joe!

YEAH Joe...car looks great! We are going to have to get all the Ft. Worth cars in one place to celebrate soon.

You are right about never finishing...I have been tweaking stuff since the day I called it "finished".

Jerry

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
VERY nice looking project. You did a great job.

I have a question, maybe someone else can answer. Your sig says "True Red" so I'm assuming the color in the pictures are not accurate (at least mine looks more orangish-red). I had this same issue trying to take pictures of a fellow club members Viper Red roadster. The car is gorgeous red, as I'm sure yours is too, but the pictures just didn't do it justice.
Can anyone recommend a way to get a truer red from the pictures?

Again, beautiful job. Can we see the interior and what mods you did?

Congratulations! :snake:

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
VERY nice looking project. You did a great job.

I have a question, maybe someone else can answer. Your sig says "True Red" so I'm assuming the color in the pictures are not accurate (at least mine looks more orangish-red). I had this same issue trying to take pictures of a fellow club members Viper Red roadster. The car is gorgeous red, as I'm sure yours is too, but the pictures just didn't do it justice.
Can anyone recommend a way to get a truer red from the pictures?

Again, beautiful job. Can we see the interior and what mods you did?

Congratulations! :snake:
Thanks and yes, the red is difficult to photograph.. The photo with the trophy comes close to the actual color and it doesn't look orange in real life. "True Red" is the name of the color that Mazda markets and it's currently being used on the 09 models.

My interior mods consist of the ebrake mounted on the tunnel, one large cup holder, expanded driver footbox, seat heaters, power outlet, dash under panel, autometer gauges, footbox blowers, windshield mounted mirror, windshield mounted driver side mirror with convex glass, electrical cut-off switch, rear wall glove box and a padded transmission tunnel covered with pleather. I'm not at all happy with tranny tunnel pleather right now because the glue didn't stick and I need to redo it. I'm also not happy with how the rear wall glove box covering looks. More photos will be added later after I finish them up and make them look nice.

Joe - -

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
Joe,
She looks awesome. Now you have to bring her up to the "Build School" and show her off to the class. It's mandatory.:001_tongue:
Great job.
Todd

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
26,218 Posts
Super job. That red really pops. Love the wheels too :)

Greg

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
YEAH Joe...car looks great! We are going to have to get all the Ft. Worth cars in one place to celebrate soon.

You are right about never finishing...I have been tweaking stuff since the day I called it "finished".

Jerry
Sounds good Jerry, just let me know.. The wife and I woke up Sundance Square last night! Driving around downtown Fort Worth is FUN! :001_smile:

Joe,
She looks awesome. Now you have to bring her up to the "Build School" and show her off to the class. It's mandatory.:001_tongue:
Great job.
Todd
I would love to! I just have to get used to driving in it for 12 hours, because she ain't no trailer queen!

Super job. That red really pops. Love the wheels too :)

Greg
Thanks Greg.. Love your wheels too! :001_tongue: Thanks for keeping your web site up. I referred to it countless times during my build.

Joe - -

·
3,798 Posts
Very nice job...love the color.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Looks Great!!!!! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Red's my favorite! Looks great! Where did you get the spinners? I have same wheels and would like a set.

Congratulations!
Back in Feb 2006 Discount Tire was a FFCARS.COM vendor they closed out those wheels for a great price. I ordered the spinners direct from Halibrand. Last time I checked they had stopped making the spinners. sorry..

Joe - -

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.