Took the Cobra for its longest drive. Had to cross a major road. While waiting at the light guys were giving me a thumbs up. Guess that’s a good sign.
When I got home I checked the wheels. All nice and tight. Checked engine bay and found the bolts that hold the throttle arms were missing the nuts. For the life of me I dont know what held them in. Found some lockouts in my bins and fixed. Whew! Dodged a bullet.
Car now has 16 miles on the odometer. Getting more comfortable driving it. Will need to get gas soon. Only 1/4 tank left and unsure if the gauge is accurate
Got the driver’s side race numbers installed. Brutal because of the cold temps. Had to move the “XP” reference below to make work. The original Cobra had the number lights above the numbers and further forward and the car didn’t have the side louvers. I improvised. I think it still looks great.
A forum community dedicated to Factory Five owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, racing, conversions, modifications, troubleshooting and drivetrain. We discuss MK4, GTM, 818, Type 65 coupe, roadsters, and more!