Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep. She’s all done. Finished. New Trigo wheels and new radial tires replaced the rotted out Goodyear billboards and Halibrand 427 style wheels.

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More….

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And proof is does run and drive

·
Junior Charter Member
895 Posts
Beautiful

Reactions: 2FAST4U

·
Junior Charter Member
3,137 Posts
Very Very nice. Great work.

·
Junior Charter Member
233 Posts
Outstanding!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Very NICE and unique. I've been following as you have put heart and soul into her. Congratulations!
Chris

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took the Cobra for its longest drive. Had to cross a major road. While waiting at the light guys were giving me a thumbs up. Guess that’s a good sign.

When I got home I checked the wheels. All nice and tight. Checked engine bay and found the bolts that hold the throttle arms were missing the nuts. For the life of me I dont know what held them in. Found some lockouts in my bins and fixed. Whew! Dodged a bullet.

Car now has 16 miles on the odometer. Getting more comfortable driving it. Will need to get gas soon. Only 1/4 tank left and unsure if the gauge is accurate

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
"For the life of me I don't know what held them in."

Sometimes GRAVITY is your friend .

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Received my Griot’s 6” variable speed random orbit polisher/buffer, foam pads, Wolfgang polishing glaze, Chemical Guys Butter Wet wax, and microfiber towels. All set to polish and wax the car today.

Bill D

·
Registered
749 Posts
Beautiful build! Lot of cool attention to detail. It looks like you polish the garage floor too! I am jealous of people that can keep a garage that clean. I swear I try, and just cant do it.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Phenomenal job Bill! Truly looks amazing. So much great custom work and obsession in detail. Big kudos!

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Installed the race numbers today. Not easy. Gives it more of the race car appearance. Will do the sides once I can move the car around

Bill D

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
what's the 98 signify?

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
what's the 98 signify?
The #98 was used on CSX2002 which ran as a pre-production (XP) car in the 1964 Los Angeles Gran Prix.The car was driven by Dave McDonald and was the Cobra’s first win

Bill D

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got the driver’s side race numbers installed. Brutal because of the cold temps. Had to move the “XP” reference below to make work. The original Cobra had the number lights above the numbers and further forward and the car didn’t have the side louvers. I improvised. I think it still looks great.

Bill

1 - 20 of 26 Posts