Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search and have seen some pics of what I'm looking for but can't find the supplier(s). I love the look of a chrome grab bar with hidden bolts. Does anybody have the supplier/part no. for something like this? I started with the forum venders, Breeze and finishline but their version has the visible bolts.

Thanks for any ideas!

Mike M.

·
Charter Member
583 Posts
Try Victorian British LTD 1-800-255-0088
the Austin Healey bugeye sprite 1958-1960 had a good one. bolts are not visible. send me an email to [email protected] and I can send you a picture

·
FFCobra Fanatic
427 Posts
Mike -

I like the grab handle look as well and don't plan to put in a glove box. Hadn't started looking for a grab bar yet for myself - until I saw your posting. I found the following (marine) web sites with stainless steel grab bars that look like they would be about the right size. Hardware is hidden. Prices look very reasonable. HTH

www.eddiemarine.com
www.cpperformance.com

Ken

·
Charter Member
1,730 Posts
I just made a grab handle by taking a 3/4 inch pipe and bending it into a hoop like the rollbar with an electrical conduit bender, then flattening out the curve with a large vise so that it's two hands width wide on the inside, then welding two brackets to the 2x2 frame under the glove box area with cotter pin holes in them so I can remove the bar if I wish. Now I have a grab handle that goes undernieth the dash, sticks out about 2 inches, can support over 200 lbs easily and I still have room for a glove box if I want. I could chrome it, but just covered it in cloth bicycle handlebar tape. Just throwing out ideas for you-John

·
Senior Charter Member
633 Posts
Oveton's

Polished Stainless Steel 12 inch 19.99 plus about $6.00 shipping.

Part # 74012

It is a very nice strong piece

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

I've found exactly what I'm looking for and it's on the way. Now to finish up the welding for the brace and paint the frame.

Mike M.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
Jeff, that looks great and I checked out your build site to see the backing metal. I might borrow this idea if you don't mind. Can you tell me if it's easy to reach when buckeled up? Thanks

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeff,

That's exactly the one I went with. Any idea if it's practical to still mount a glove box with the handle?

Mike M.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts