Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been answered but I have been searching and haven't found one specific enough for me. I'm wiring up the speedo per the instructions that came with the gauges, daisy chain and indicator lights are no problem however the RF wire harness has a DK green and Gray wires for the speedo signal with no place to tie them into. I'm assuming (you know what normally happens then) that they are not needed and the GPS receiver somehow reads the speed? Any clarification would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Those wires are from the speed sensor connection to the transmission. With the GPS setup, that signal is not required and there's nothing to connect them to. So unless you have an EFI system that needs a speed signal (some do...) then you won't be using them. Your GPS system needs power and should have an antenna that you have to place so it has a clear view of the sky. With that, it will do its thing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the follow up, that's what I "assumed". Now I have to find out if the Holley Terminator X that I ordered needs them....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts