Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well she finally has her paint. Long road to get here but well worth the trip. This is only three coats of clear over Black & Black with Black Silver stripes and team stripes. Once she drys and get her cut and buffed I'll reinstall all her hardware going with button head allen head bolts polished SS for the hood and hood scoop with acorn SS nuts. Having the wheels powder coated from th gun metal gray now to a black cented with the spinners polished and the PC a clear. Then off to the FL DMV for hopefully not a bad headache getting her titled and plate. Need to have everything completed by 15 Dec as that is when my son returns home from Afghanistan as this is his present from me to my son who has given up so much for us.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Beautiful

That look amazing.

Love the stripes including the team stripes.

Can't wait to see it complete.

·
Banned
2,213 Posts
jaw dropping!!!

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
That is beautiful! What great color combination.

·
section 8
5,135 Posts
Wow ! looks like a winner

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Looks amazing! And based on your sig line, an amazing build overall.

Color codes please... :001_smile:

·
Junior Charter Member
104 Posts
I love the color - please keep the pictures coming as you put the car together. I think it's awesome you are building this for your son. Our military does so much for us. Well done!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tribal flame pattern is a show peice for the painter to show off his work in the shop, was in there just to get clear applied.
I'll get the color coade for the paint job Monday. Don't have it here.
And yes I am quite pleased with the outcome.
Here are a few more pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The underside was already painted. Put the body on to keep the body true to the lines so as not to be sagging or twisted as on the body buck. The painter I have this is only his second one painted and didn't like the way the body settled and twisted on the first paint job. He was able to get everything covered. All the edges came out perfect in MHO. Another thing is taking the body off paint and put it back on was a possibility of scratching or dinging the paint.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
i love the color - please keep the pictures coming as you put the car together. I think it's awesome you are building this for your son. our military does so much for us. Well done!

ditto that

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have landed on 9 drop zones 5 from a C-130, 2 from a UH1 @ 3500 AGL and 2 C-141 ,Your son will be proud as I, and the paint is beautiful on the car. What a great thank you gift to a son and American Service Man , Thank You

·
Senior Charter Member
1,382 Posts
Great looking paint. I'm sure your son will love it. Well deserved for sure but I'll bet he will be more proud of his dad then the car. I know I would. What a great thing for a dad to do. Please tell your son thanks for his service.
Wayne

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the comments. Appericiate the response.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.