Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a 12 hour day, but I got the kit home and still had time to use the trailer to hit Costco for their large stainless tool chest as well!

:D

A description of the day and more photos are on my build site: replicabuilding.com

And, yes, the garage is a mess. Today's job is to get the body on the buck, the buck moved to the side of the garage and the parts boxes put under it.

:D

Now... how do I know what number car mine is so I can put it in my sig? I couldn't find it on any of the paperwork...

(and no, thats not my posterior...)

·
Senior Charter Member
1,845 Posts
Your ffr# is stamped in the frame just left of the upper stearing shaft bearing support bracket. It will be behind the dash once assembled HTH Dave

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wow!!!! Congratulations. Mine is coming tomorrow morning. I can only guess how excited you were.

Didn't see a pic of new stainless tool chest. Didn't happen!

pauL

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
George,

Factory Five will also send you a Certificate of Origin. Make sure that your number on the frame matches the number on the paper or it could be a mess when inspected by the State Police. I've read a couple of guys had trouble with that. My Certificate of Origin was first sent to another Mike M. (same last name) in California and it took me a while to get it straightened out.

Congratulations!!

Mike M.

·
Charter Member
1,326 Posts
Congrats George - the adventure now truly begins!!

Scott

·
Registered
322 Posts
Congratulations... just had to say it again.

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
2,811 Posts
Congrats! I've been eyeing that tool chest for a bit but have been leery to jump in. Let us know how it works out for you, it seems like a really nice piece.

Best advice I got after the fact, if you are doing your own body work don't wait until the go-cart is done. There is a lot of down time waiting for filler to cure, etc. And you can take time off from sanding when you get sick of it!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,378 Posts
I'll second checking the CO against the frame #. Mine had 2 digits transposed.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
George,

I'm right around the corner from you (35 min). If you want to compare anything on the builds feel free to give me a PM. I have a 24" brake and shear that can make up a lot of small alum pcs that you might need.

Mike M.

·
Charter Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, a photo of the tool chest. $680 -- a hell of a deal, for those of you who haven't seen it before. I think its actually 18 drawer, not 22, but its very big in either case.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
it took like 14 hours to pick up my donor and only 1 week to take it apart.. well i hope your having fun. i get mine in august..

·
Charter Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LKNSnake: thats the plan. I have pretty detailed pictures of the process of removing the body that will go up in a post tomorrow. I'm not sure I did it right, though, because I absolutely could not figure out how to get it off without removing the rearmost sheet metal from the trunk, and pulling the lower trunk bottom out...

If you have an RSS reader, there is an RSS feed on the first page of the WordPress site that will show the new posts as they show up, if you're interested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.