Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Charter Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the quick jack support on the frame is zero, how long do the headlight wires neeed to be? I'm thinking that everything should be long and trim after the body is on but I'd like to be in the ballpark. Ditto tail lights.
many thanks
russ

·
Supermoderator
12,393 Posts
You can't do this build right unless you mount the body for a full mockup and then take it off for paint. Things like plug-in harnesses for the front and rear lights, sidepipe fit, splash guards, and door fit just can't be done correctly without a trial body fit. You should do it even if you plan on painting the body on the frame.

·
Charter Member
132 Posts
For the headlights, I terminated the chassis harness right about the distance to the quickjack holes, which is actually forward of the headlight. I left about 8" or so of pigtail on the headlights, and it fits fine once the body is on.

For the taillights, I left the entire pigtail length on, and did the chassis wires as shown below. Again, plenty of length once the body is on.

·
Senior Charter Member
6,096 Posts
Leave them long until the body is on. If you have to, just coil the wire up and put some tape on it.

·
Charter Member
972 Posts
I agree with Joe - definitely put the body on, even if you don't bolt it down (which, by the way, I would do). Better to get surprises now than after the body is painted.

Dennis B.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts