Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who said all the good donor cars are gone. There's still some out there. I got lucky and found this one and soon it will begin it's transformation.
1 owner
136,000 miles It still has the factory hose clamps and protector on the upper radiator hose and the rubber boot over the distributor. I paid a little more than I was wanting but for one in this condition I thought it was worth it.
And best of all- totally unmolested!

[ April 14, 2007, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Manic Mechanic ]

·
Charter Member
3,060 Posts
Congrats - look like a winner.

You gonna try sell the left overs to MPS or ebay them? Looks like most of the car is fairly good shape.

·
Charter Member
124 Posts
Nice donor...you should be able to sell alot of that (if interested). I was able to sell over $1000 worth of stuff on stangnet.com and my donor was a rag!

good luck!
Brandon

·
Junior Charter Member
918 Posts
You're gonna use that as a donor? That car looked like it just came out of the showroom.

·
Tropically Twisted
1,727 Posts
Wow, that's almost too nice to use as a donor!

Great buy!

·
BLUE.II
2,058 Posts
That's a sweet donor. :eek:

Provided it's as nice as it looks, I would fix up the donor and sell it for more

Then take the cash to do a non-donor build.

Seriously

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
25,963 Posts
Tim,
That's a very nice Stang! Now get building!

Greg

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has a salvage title. If you look closely you can see the front of the right fender moved to the right. the rear of the left fender is pushed to the left. It's just enough to skew the frame and the insurance company totaled it. It could be fixed but by the time all is done the repairs would be about the value of car. I have it in the garage and photographed the engine compartment. I'm also going to video the car so prospective buyers can see things like the window and top motors work. Redoing the garage is taking a little longer (as usual). First the weather was too cold to paint my floor then when finishing th trim the rest of walls look junky so I'm going to repaint them as well. Maybe by next Saturday I can start tearing into the car and cleaning. Now I gotta get an engine stand. I also sold my engine hoist last month so I have to round up one of those also.

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As a side note- What do the little dots on the speedo next to the 20, 60 & 120 MPH numbers mean?

·
dreamer turned builder
1,082 Posts
Originally posted by Manic Mechanic:
As a side note- What do the little dots on the speedo next to the 20, 60 & 120 MPH numbers mean?
They are in fact Braille markings for the sight impaired, as per 1990 Federal Regulations code 1228569, rev 3.2.

20 means too slow
60 means about right
120 means way too fast!

·
dreamer turned builder
1,082 Posts
BTW... you'd be _amazed_ at how some Simple Green, a hose and about 2 minutes of time will clean up that engine bay. My daily driver is a 92 5.0, stock motor still cleans up nicely.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Lots of good resellable parts there.
should make a good amount back. If car has been totoled from getting hit that hard may want to check for bend parts on the front end before disassembling. Also a good time to check how engine runs,tranny shifts,ect.brfore tearing it down.

·
Senior Charter Member
887 Posts
Thats a beauty. Great find.

CalHusker

·
Sno B Gone!
3,185 Posts
Looks a lot beter than mine did. That car would have been over $5k up here easy. salvage or not.

Good deal. I got nearly $700 for all the stuff I sold. I'm down to the crank, cam, heads, radiator and a few other parts I'm not going to use.

Rob

·
FFCobra Fanatic
738 Posts
First dibs on the fog lights and brackets!!

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Duper:
First dibs on the fog lights and brackets!!
left fog lamp is broken, they don't seem to have been hit so the mounts are probably ok. They're yours if you still want them.

As far as drivability, the car ran great, I got to drive it before I loaded it onto the trailer. It was just a quick up and down the street to see how it shifted and look at the oil pressure, everything checked out OK. The traction lok works to as shown by two black marks on my driveway :D

As far as reselling items, do I list them as pull and pick up only or pull and ship them? I wonder how much the rear clip would be worth? Or if somebody had one that was rear ended how much of the car could they use and keep thier old VIN?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts