Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was with a sadden heart and a tear in my eye, (yeah right) I said good bye to the old 1152 frame. Steward Transport showed up last night to take the old frame away. But before he could load it on the truck, he had to unload a brand new frame with panels, off the truck.
The frame was tucked away clear to the front of the truck and on top of a roadster and a couple. It was amazing to watch Johnny get it out of there.
Todd came up from Lehi and another friend came over to help. Todd I hope you can hold your eyes open today. It was 11 pm by the time he left.
Well the fun begins again. Oh BTW, I have backorders.
ANOTHER BIG THANK YOU TO DAVE SMITH AND FFR. You gotta love these guys.

[ March 26, 2004, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: RJG ]

·
Land Shark!
4,668 Posts
I thought your new frame was going to have part of the 1152 welded onto the back?

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zulu, I plan on posting pics as time goes along.

Kicked the daughters Jeep out and put the frame away for the night, it is storming right now,so it is a good thing.
Ted, While talking with FFR, we decided it would be better not to try and use a section of the old frame. Cutting it off, then trying to weld it back on and make it fit, would be too time consuming. Besides I have a few parts that will still be used from the orginal car. I got 2 of the tail light lens's here, I could put on. All blistered on top, from heat.

[ March 26, 2004, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: RJG ]

·
The Traveler
3,106 Posts
I do not think much of the frame was going to be left with a lot of us wanting a "piece" of the old 1152 frame! :D

And then again what's a FFR build without a backorder?... no fun at all! :D

Let us know if you find that you are starting a build party.

·
Not a waxer
12,074 Posts
Originally posted by Ted Falk:
I thought your new frame was going to have part of the 1152 welded onto the back?
John Phillips is planning to build his third FFR; I have a suspicion that part of his ol' 1152 will come full circle and they will be reunited when that occurs :D

Have fun Roy!

Jeff

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
3,285 Posts
Congratulations Roy! What a beauty she'll be. Thanks for all you've done, and here's hoping most of the work already accomplished will transfer over to the new frame. Your parts selection sounds great, but I hope you'll go a little beefier on the tires and rims! Hope to see the build in person. GOOD LUCK DUDE!

Jeff my man, I wrote ya a long letter 2 weeks ago and lost it when the computer locked up...haven't sat down to re-do it but I WILL!!! Thanks for thinking of me and my new project.

·
Scalded Cat
1,847 Posts
Thanks for the invite Roy. It was fun to see the "Out with the old and the in with the new". Now if I can get mine done. It will give me an excuse to drive it and to come and help.
Todd

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Thanks for the update Roy. Since I viewed the old "brickette" more than once over in Mike Senior's driveway, I always wondered whatever happened with that project. Ask a simple question on this forum..and guess what...ya never know how things will turn out. :rolleyes: So, keep us posted as the story will not end until you're out driving your finished Cobra.

BTW - Did you ever get the trailer made? Or is that a project for later?

Have fun,
Rip....

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rip, the trailer is on the back burner and may have to come forward soon. I still think about it everytime I run into he tonuge.

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Larry, I have been kicking around May 8th or the 22nd as build days. Depends on how fast I can get it to and from the Powder coater,
The frame is bare naked right now, and it goes to the back shop today, for some mods and cleanup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.