Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am underway!
The block is prepped, the stroker kit, cam, balancer and gasket set has been ordered.
Still looking for more parts but excited to get going.

Soon I'll have a real nice small block set up for sale ;-)

·
Junior Charter Member
1,223 Posts
What block? How big? Pics?

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am using a 390 from a 69 Ford Ranger explorer my dad bought new. The truck is still living and I wanted the engine to continue living as well.
It's been tanked, magna fluxed, bored .30 and new cam bearings installed.
The stroker kit is a SCAT kit to 431 cid with flat top pistons and H beam rods. I am going with comp cams roller cam and Edelbrock 76 cc heads. I will have a compression of 10.7
I will be going with a low rise dual quad set up. That will have to wait for a little while. Between this project and a frame off rest on my '64 Electra convertible I don't have unlimited funds.

Pics to come.....

·
Valin's Custom Cars
135 Posts
I am using a 390 from a 69 Ford Ranger explorer my dad bought new. The truck is still living and I wanted the engine to continue living as well.
It's been tanked, magna fluxed, bored .30 and new cam bearings installed.
The stroker kit is a SCAT kit to 431 cid with flat top pistons and H beam rods. I am going with comp cams roller cam and Edelbrock 76 cc heads. I will have a compression of 10.7
I will be going with a low rise dual quad set up. That will have to wait for a little while. Between this project and a frame off rest on my '64 Electra convertible I don't have unlimited funds.

Pics to come.....

I like your style. I was running a built 454 in mine. Made about 570hp and 525tq. I threw a rod. :( Possibly the saddest day of my life. I am now going with a 555 "Triple Nickel", Dart M Block, Scat 4340 internals, H Beams, Dart Pro 1 heads, relatively mild hydraulic roller with .680 lift and 247/255 exhaust. Should make 720hp and 710 ft. lbs. There is never enough :)

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be honest ..... I've never used the HP I have in my 331. It's scared the S**t out me more than once.....

I just hated when someone asked me if it was a 427 and I couldn't say yes.

PLUS... I wanted the sound and the look.

The small block has been flawless for me. never let me down, lot's of power and even good on gas. drove to Mexico and back from northern Canada without a hiccup.

I'll shut up now before I talk myself out of the big block!

BTW Valin..... what stroker kit did you get to stroke your FE to 454????

·
Valin's Custom Cars
135 Posts
I'll be honest ..... I've never used the HP I have in my 331. It's scared the S**t out me more than once.....

I just hated when someone asked me if it was a 427 and I couldn't say yes.

PLUS... I wanted the sound and the look.

The small block has been flawless for me. never let me down, lot's of power and even good on gas. drove to Mexico and back from northern Canada without a hiccup.

I'll shut up now before I talk myself out of the big block!

BTW Valin..... what stroker kit did you get to stroke your FE to 454????

I do not have an FE. I have a Chevy Big Block in mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts