Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My week has gone from bad to worse, I lost my mom on Jan. 30, and my dad passed away this morning. This has got to be the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. They were both 76 yrs old, my mom passed away fighting pneumonia, and I guess my dad died of a broken heart. He was so upset when we broke the news to him about my mom. I just had to pass this along because Some of you are like family to me with all the help we give to each other, and both of my parents were so excited about my Cobra build, they would ask me everyday what I had gotten done on the car. I was hoping to be able to give them both a ride when it was finished, now that won't happen. Sorry if this seems all broken up, but I'm kinda out of it right now.
Thanks,
Lile Stevens

·
2,746 Posts
Lile, you have a PM.

Chris.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Lile,

I'm truly sorry for your loss. Your in my prayers.

Skip

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Lile,

I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

-Jon

·
Cobrafied
1,636 Posts
Lile, I am very sorry for your loss. I will pray for you and your family. Dan

·
Junior Charter Member
267 Posts
Lile,

I am so sorry, I understand some of your pain. I lost my mom 2 years ago, My dad (50 years of marriage) also heartbroken, went down in weight (allot), I figured it was a matter of time before I lost him. He started a grief recovery class, short story he met/remarried and is doing great. The remarriage may have been to soon or not, rebound or not, but he is happy and doing well.
I still have sadness with our loss, but try to focus on the positive memories. My prayers are with you.
Carey

·
The Greek
3,260 Posts
Lile,
that must be one of the worst experiences a man can go through. I lost my father when I was 28 years old from cancer on 9/10/2001. He just missed the 9/11 situation (which was a good thing because he just loved this country) by a couple of hours. He was 69 years old. I feel for you, although losing both at such a short time frame is horrible. Be strong, talk about it with whom ever you feel you should and it will get easier, not much but easier. After about 6 years I still miss my dad. He was the one who gave me the brain and knowledge to tackle the Cobra project and be the man that I am today.
I hope your pain will slowly decrease...be strong man

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.Roger

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
Lile,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

You and your family are definitely in our thoughts and prayers.

Randy and Julie.

·
Charter Member
729 Posts
Lile,

It is with deep sympathy that Nancy and I express our condolences. Having lost both of my parents in a short period of time I can fully understand the pain of such a tragedy. Our prayers are with you and your family.

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Very sad and sorry to hear about your loss. Their hearts were together and could never be separated. My prayers are with you and your family.

-Kouros

·
Administrator
7,017 Posts
Oh man.

I'm so sorry. I know there is nothing I can say to give you comfort other than we are here for you. Your parents must have loved each other immensely.

You and your parents are in my prayers.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Lile,
I'm so sorry to hear this news. My kids & I just prayed for you & your family.
God Bless the Stevens Family,
Mike, Anna & Chris Forte

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Lile,
You'll be in our prayers. I've lost both my parents, but not so close together.
I can't even imagine what you're going through.

Your Cobra buddies wish you the best and you've got us to lean on.

·
2,860 Posts
Very sad...but together again. Very sorry. Sounds like you had a great long life with both. Without love there is no grief.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.