Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got the re-done engine back in and running and did my first go-kart today and everything went fantastic!! Hilarious side note. I drove around completely within my sub-division which is somewhat large. Here I am driving down one of the back roads that has a long straight and giving it some juice. Off in the distance what do I see? A lovely state police cruiser tooling around in the sub-division driving right towards me. I'm thinking, "what on earth is he doing in here?" Oh well, just make the best of it. As we approached, I just smiled and waved and and all he did was wave back! Didn't even turn around or anything. How cool is that?

Well, the body goes on next - I'm getting there guys!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,378 Posts
Very cool. I hope to be there myself in a few weeks. Don't think the police in CA will be as friendly though.

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
CA police would probably do a PIT maneuver on us.
If you don't know what that is you're not watching ehough LA police chases.
Paul M. :D

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for those of you needing proof here it is. the perspective on the pic is deceiving, those black strips are about 25' each!

·
OT Moderator
14,364 Posts
Congrats Mark. Good to see your almost there. I'm still hanging in there myself, but VERY slow now. NO FREAKIN TIME!!!

Rob.

·
Charter Member
1,239 Posts
Mark: Cool story and congrats on your progress. My story is somewhat the same. I duct taped all the lights on, zip-tied my plates and wore a helmet (my windshield) for my go-kart ride in the neighborhood. I had a blast and finally decided to go back home and sitting outside my house was a police officer. Expecting a ticket for who knows what, I park the FFR across the street (put the hazard lights on for effect) because I needed to put 2x6's down to get the car over the curb and into the driveway. The police officer looked at me while I still had my helmet on and waved, I waved back and he took off. I figured he wrote a ticket for someone else and couldn't figure out what I was driving. Lots of similarities to your story.

Build on!

tim

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Mark glad to hear you are back up and running. You definetly desive it after the "trying" moments you had with the new engine. Hope the state boy did'nt make a mental note to check back once your on the road. :eek:

·
Senior Charter Member
2,837 Posts
Congrats Mark, I know the feeling of thinking there must be someone watching over you - police-wise that is. For the first 1700 miles of my Cobra's life I haven't been stopped, yet. When it eventually happens, I'll just have to stay cool and chalk it up for a long-deserved "retroactive" ticket.

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Great story! The police are probably still trying to figure out what you were driving.

Cheers
2FAST

·
15,282 Posts
Heck yeah...they're talking about you at the station this morning!

Cheers, John

·
8,356 Posts
That thing legal? Not yet, officer....Well, tak'er back home then. Cool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts