Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I even changed my signature for this joyous occasion to get you more details on my car.

My first copilot is the missus, the second copilot/driver is my brother in law, Allen, which has helped me a lot getting to this point (those dark moments when you rather be watching HorsepowerTV)...thanks bro!

Yes I still have to work a bit on my idle tuning.
Yes I have an exhaust leak (headers were a bit loose).

After this run I put it in the garage and yanked the engine out, chasing a suspected rear main leak which turned out to be just an oil pan leak (rear)...oh well, I can mod my Lokar ebrake now with more room.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
68 Posts
LOL frickin awesome man what a nice ride. I'm Closing in on my go kart stage soon giving me NARB. LOL. Man I wish I could do that around my house cops probally have me bent over the motor. Sounds sweet damn nice ride and it doesnt even have a body. Dave

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Cool. The fastest gokart video I've ever seen! And, I admire a guy who casually says he yanked out the engine to check an oil leak.
Pete

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
:):)"C*BRA FUNS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats.

·
Junior Charter Member
898 Posts
Now THAT's a go-kart ride!!!

Very cool!

JT

·
Snake Farmer
10,264 Posts
Man I wish I could do that around my house cops probably have me bent over the motor.
Me too! What the heck do you tell a cop if you get pulled over doing this? Do you act surprised and say, " Oh crap, sorry the plate must have gone missing when the body blew off" :icon18:

Is that irritating whistling sound from the header leak, a bad alternator bearing, or a supercharger?

·
3,531 Posts
Frickin' awesome1 You must be in a gated community too! Love that freedom!
Great job! Sten

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys thanks!

Steno, yes, gated community, cops come in sometimes, but sparingly.

AC Bill, yes, the whistling is the supercharger.

AZ Pete, trust me, it wasn't fun deciding to pull the engine, but I HATE LEAKS!!!
Even worse was finding out I could've fixed it by just changing the oil pan gasket grrrrrr.

Oh well, have to go back and muster more enthusiasm to put her back together.

·
Senior Charter Member
887 Posts
Nice Go-Kartin

Video....

Mike

·
Super Moderator
29,352 Posts
Congrats! Car sounds REALLY good!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
great vid. The car sounds great. nothing irritating about that whistle at all. I love the sound of a supercharger.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice go kart. By the looks of your video you live in the same neighborhood as my sister in law. I'll be on the lookout for the Cobra next time I visit her. (Course I may be mistaken I don't know that area too well the neighborhood just looks the same, she's off NW 142nd Ave, near exit 9B on 75.

GL with the rest of the build!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
LUISOOOOO!!!!!! I will have to pass by your house this weekend to see it and hear it....

·
Junior Charter Member
3,114 Posts
Nothing like a go cart ride with wires hanging over the dash!!. Gotta love it...Congrats. Brings back memories on mine..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts