Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got into the Go-Kart phase and want to get some drive time to dial it in. Will not drive illegally on public roads...too much liability. [Don't ask how I know] So under my circumstance any suggestions.

I was thinking that AutoX events might work if we are allowed on the course or even participate. If this is even a remote possibility, please let me know who to contact…Clubs, Event sponsors, AutoX organizations, Sanctioning bodies????

Or does any one know any Real Estate developers who own large parking lots we could get permission to use in the Southeastern Pennsylvania area?

Your Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I took my go-kart to a large church parking lot, with permission. Put three of the funnest miles I've ever driven on it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Are there any small airports around? I am not suggesting you take it down the runway...just on the taxi-way/ramp.

When I was flight instructing this guy would come fill up his racecars and sometimes run them down the taxi-way. This was pre 9/11 so there may be some more restrictions now.

What about taking it a local Drag Strip?

·
Charter Member
2,612 Posts
I put 126 miles on the go-kart prior to the body and registration. Usually in 3 block segments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts