Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, here goes another story about the reaction toward these cars. However this one is a little different. In heavy rush hour traffic, I am passed by the local High School Girls Volleyball Team van. Several of the girls were hanging out the windows yelling that they liked my car. Why couldn't I have had one of these in HS??? Anyway, some things just aren't fair. In front of me was a very rare and expensive BMW called a Z8 Alpina, that was getting nada from the girls. They didn't even look at his car and it is probably 4 times as expensive as my Cobra. He must have been pissed, but it was fun for me.
Paul

·
Junior Charter Member
790 Posts
Thats because BMWs are a dime a dozen now. I live less then 10 miles from factory five, and im lucky to see 10 of them all summer driving on the local roads.

·
SuperCobra 1
14,690 Posts
that's because BMWs are for girls !

Ooops sorry Paul, I know you own one.... !
:rolleyes:

Just kidding of course.

There's nothing like Cobras out on the road, I've park next to Ferraris, Vettes and/or any import and they always get ignored when my (or any other Cobra for that matter) is around.

·
Trenchant
2,692 Posts
Z8's aren't a dime a dozen. Not the most expensive ride on road at about $120K to $135K, but not a whole lot around and I suspect they are a collector car for many owners.

We were shopping for homes in Rancho Santa Fe and the guy had a Z8 in the garage (only the second I had ever seen in person) and as soon as I stepped into the garage to take a closer look the realtor snapped "DON'T TOUCH THE CAR!" and then explained the owner was a little anal about the car. I guess so.

Still, I hope you had the sense to ask if any of them started school a little late and already turned eighteen!

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Great story. I love the Z8. The Z3 and 4 have never done a lot for me, perhaps because they are not very exclusive.

The Z8 on the other hand is a beautiful car that looks sexy and macho at the same time. I see one on occasion coming in and out of a hospital that I do work at. It sounds awesome, muted yet powerful.

I bet he was pissed.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
849 Posts
The BMW assembly plant is here in Greenville, SC. I had always driven BMW's (318, 325, 535, MRoadster) but around here there are so many employess driving leased BMW's you might has well be driving a Taurus. I did get a ride with a friend at the BMW plant in a Z8, silver/ red leather. Awesome car. There are only two shops in the country that can perform certified body work on the all aluminum body.They asked him to take it home and put some miles on it and he told them, "no thanks". I could't believe it. He said the hierarchy at BMW dictates what car you drive and if any of his superiors that live in his neighborhood saw him driving a Z8 his phone would be ringing off the hook Monday morning wanting to know how he rated a Z8. It just wasn't worth it. I voluntered but for some reason they didn't take me up on my offer.

·
he who lives by the sword. gets shot by those who
2,847 Posts
Paul,
Re-Living glory Days on the Freeway? :D :D :D :D :D :D
Makes you feel great, doesn't it? I have a few planned for the day I blast through my home town!
There aren't any Cobra's there(at least for now) and lots of car shows in the area, should make for a "Clean Sweep"

Have a good one!
Ben

·
Premium Member
9,689 Posts
Here I opened this thread expecting to see some photos of a girls volleyball team, and all I get are some pics of cars.

·
he who lives by the sword. gets shot by those who
2,847 Posts
Paul,
I think you need to drive over to "Hooter's" and get us some real PICS!!!!!!! at least the Car won't be the only conversation piece!!!

Ben

·
Senior Charter Member
198 Posts
I got a thumbs up (over his windshield) from a Z8 driver today. Unfortunately for those that own new hot cars, they tend to blend in with a lot of what is already out there. Our cars definitely stand out. The Z8 is an awesome car.

Last weekend, I went to our favorite pizza joint to pick-up some za and I look out the window and there is some...lady (I was going to say chick but I didn't, right?) circling madly around my car. Fifteen minutes later, I leave and she comes running up to my car and says "I want to shake hands with the man that owns this car!". I was kind of embarassed but said, "Want to go for a ride?". Made her day. I left that last part out when I told my wife about the whole situation. ;)

·
FFCobra Craftsman
849 Posts
Originally posted by J Persons:
Here I opened this thread expecting to see some photos of a girls volleyball team, and all I get are some pics of cars.
Did someone say GIRLS VOLLEYBALL TEAM? I think they are lining up for a ride in your Cobra.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Good Find Jimmy!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts