Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kit arrived Tues night.

Wed, Thurs, Fri Inventoried all boxes, Made list for FFR. Not too bad just a few nuts, bolts and clamps missing from what I got.

Still 17 items on backorder but over half have shipped.

Saturday removed body, labeled, marked and removed all attached sheetmetal.

Sunday morning will start the actual build. Won't get too far as my brake kit won't arrive until next Friday and it has the front spindles. The rack is in the back ordered parts anyway.

Thanks in advance for all the help you will be giving me.

Jay

·
Non-whiner
10,646 Posts
Jay,
FFR was great on my backorders. They all, but one came streaming in with no calls from me. I got the nose section (my last part) for my coupe yesterday. The only reason it was delayed was a miscommunications in shipping. Once Nate realized the issue, he shipped it the next day. Even with that minor hitch, I give them huge credit for their customer service and commitment.

One tip, always check the archives (use the search feature). You will be amazed at the detail contained in there. Good luck in your build and we all look forward to your questions!

·
Senior Charter Member
594 Posts
The back orders will come and although they are at the top of your mind right now, they will not seem like a big deal in a little while.

There is plenty to do til then. Get the shop organized, tear down donor, get parts if no donor, clean parts.

Also, keep in mind that this is not a race. Walk away from it when you get tired, bored, frustrated or distracted. The build is something special........and so is this forum.

·
Charter Member
3,059 Posts
I did a quick inventory and found some stuff missing that was shown as sent. Not a big deal with FFR, they were right on it. But, I need to do a detailed inventory of the small peices. Most of the back orders are due within 10 days to two weeks - called them today about it.

Same boat as you with the spindles and brakes - IRS too. Building the body buck tonight.

Ordered FFMetal footboxes, firewall, battery box - will play with the aluminium later in the week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts