Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning San Diego!

It looks like the Coupe will once again go into storage. The Navy is sending me to Japan for three years, and they most definitely do not appreciate loud, fast, V8, left hand drive cars on the other side of the big pond. Unfortunately, this means that I will have to put my coupe into long term storage until I get back. Can I reach out to the community to get some assistance mounting the fiberglass body onto the frame in order to store them both as a single unit? I have a large and level garage/driveway combo in Poway, and a few weekends to get this done. Snacks, bevvies, and lots of appreciation for anyone who can lend me a hand. Expertise and help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

-V/r,
Brandon

Just for fun, here are some pictures of the latest move. The car is currently at my parents house in Poway, and I will have to get it into storage within the next month :(

Attachments

·
7,696 Posts
I'm in La Mesa. When do you want to do this????

Send me a PM or email with your address, time and date!

I can bring help.

Ray

Reactions: WIS89

·
Registered
378 Posts
This forum is dying but the spirit of those left here clearly has not. Way to go!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'm hoping that everyone is just in hibernation, I know I am. I'd be there in a minute to help a serviceman and Coupe builder that is asking for help. You just live on the wrong side of our country. Or do I?

Good luck with getting it into mothballs and thank you for your service.

Glen

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Please post the date, so I can see if available.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ditto. Please PM me the date and time. If I’m free that’ll give me an excuse to drive the roadster. And thank you for your service.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I can't do Saturday, but available Sunday.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Brandon,

As a point of reference, two people can get the body on the car easily.
You can screw it down using the self tappers like it came from the factory.
The hood can be put on the front and duct taped to the body. Again similar to way it came from the factory.
Just trying to give you an easy option in case all else fails.

Good luck and thank you for your service!

John

·
7,696 Posts
Has anyone heard back from the OP concerning a day/time and location?

Ray

·
Registered
411 Posts
No. Waited to hear, but nothing. No PM either. Hopefully he got the help he needed.
Another FFR buddy asked for help with his radiator. Looks like I’ll be doing that tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Back up...

Sorry gents, I was away from the computers....

Thinking a little more about what I need, I realized that I don't need a fleet of experts to help me with this project. My goal is just to get the car together enough to masquerade as a 'vehicle' so the storage people can store it. What I really need is help buttoning this thing up so that I can ignore it for the next few years (unfortunately).

Current state:
Doesn't start
Brakes work correctly (Hyd and E-brake)
Steering works

My Goals are now;
1. Get body on.
1a. get hood into proper configuration, with hinge (not trimmed or anything).
2. Mount Seat to floorpan.
3. Have an experienced builder comment on the work already completed, and recommend future mods and/or work to do before driving.

These seem to be the minimum events required to get this thing stored. I would love any assistance I may be able to receive, but since I won't have time to drive it before moving away, I really just need help with these small tasks. I will PM all of the fine gentlemen on this forum, and hopefully one or two of you can visit with your expertise on Sunday?

Thank you so much!

-Brandon

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you Ray!

I would just like to throw out an enormous THANK YOU to Ray and his wonderful wife, Jodi. With their critical assistance, we successfully got the car into proper shape for a few years of storage! I couldn't have done it without you.

Here are a few photos of us working to get the stubborn fiberglass around the gas tank! Again, Thank You!

-Project PB

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts