Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark III side exhaust hangers. Does anyone have a picture of how they mount under the car. Does it mount to the 2/2 square tube at the front of the footbox. Do you need to tap the hole for the threaded rubber insert?? Pictures would be great.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Steve,

I have the j-pipes and mounted the exhaust just last week. I didn't use the rubber mounts FFR supplied. Instead, I cut in half one of the hangars from the donor and placed it as far to the outside and as high as possible on the 2x2 square tube at the front of the footbox (per the manual). Do a sort of "mock-up" and you should see what I'm talking about. This set-up allows some flexibility in lining-up the pipes. If you use the mounts FFR supplied, you need to get the hole drilled right the first time. It appears that using those mounts will only allow up/down adjustment, no side to side movement, so be careful. I may add those after the body is on and the pipes are exactly where I want them.

Paul

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.