Factory Five Racing Forum banner

521 - 532 of 532 Posts

·
33 Moderator
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #521
Great day yesterday working on the car with my son and grandson!

STILL not happy with the one vendor. I would have pulled the plug and moved on already but I kinda want to use their stuff. This could be nothing or I might be screwed out of $1600. They have a new and creative excuse every time I seek a status. It's beyond getting old but I don't want to get crappy parts because I feel the need to speak my peace.

It did force me to check out other options and actually ... there are some new items on the market that are excellent and less than half the price. :|

·
Registered
71 Posts
Geoff,
I understand why you don't want to mention the vendor's name until you get the issue resolved. However, can you at least say what kind of parts aren't being delivered? I'm curious because I have some parts on order from a long established FFR accessory vendor that are over a year overdue (and I paid in full in advance - a little too trusting). I'm just wondering if there is a pattern of behavior here that needs to be exposed.
Thanks,
Keith

·
33 Moderator
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #523
Geoff,
I understand why you don't want to mention the vendor's name until you get the issue resolved. However, can you at least say what kind of parts aren't being delivered? I'm curious because I have some parts on order from a long established FFR accessory vendor that are over a year overdue (and I paid in full in advance - a little too trusting). I'm just wondering if there is a pattern of behavior here that needs to be exposed.
Thanks,
Keith
I'm happy to report my issues were a production problem that I now understand completely. My parts will ship when they pass testing later today. Or ... my problem is huge because that was all a lie. >:) I think it's all fine but tracking numbers will make me feel better about it.

Because my car was shipped to VCP and Wayne did all the coordination with FFR, it was only recently that I had reason to call Factory Five. I had a technical issue and needed to order a few parts. They are awesome. Questions answered and parts shipped in record time. :grin2:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Glad to hear that your issues are on the way to being solved. I'm also glad to hear that we are having problems with different vendors. It seems that we are both being impacted by random shortages caused by our vendors' suppliers. It's always tough when you have to rely on someone else to deliver before you can start working on something.
Keith

·
33 Moderator
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #525
Glad to hear that your issues are on the way to being solved. I'm also glad to hear that we are having problems with different vendors. It seems that we are both being impacted by random shortages caused by our vendors' suppliers. It's always tough when you have to rely on someone else to deliver before you can start working on something.
Keith
I understand it completely if it was a supply chain issue. It would have been better if I had been kept in the loop on the status rather than insisting on a status.

Also, I'm not so confident that I have a resolution because I still don't have the "promised" tracking number for my shipment. Until I have my parts in hand, I will retain a healthy level of skepticism. The moment a vendor fails to communicate issues to me, I'm concerned. :|

·
33 Moderator
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #526
Wow, not as resolved as I thought! I did some deep research and learned a bunch. First, the vendor seems reliable and the product is high quality. There were some complaints about system complexity and that the system might be overkill for certain applications. As a result, some kit car companies have developed simple options to replace the infinitybox, while still offering it as an option. Tech support seems responsive and VERY knowledgeable.

When I ordered my 20 circuit 33HR kit, I assumed it would be shipped immediately like the rest of my components. If I had researched thoroughly, I would have discovered that the lead time needed is much longer than I expected. There was not a promised delivery date and I have been kept advised of the progress. I have specific reasons for using the system, so I will wait patiently for it. We will concentrate on other areas of the car.

While researching infinitybox and the alternatives, I found some promising offerings. None had the capabilities of infinitybox but most were 1/3 the price. I found and have purchased a standard infinitybox 20 circuit kit that was unused. It will come in handy for a friends pending project. :grin2:

I know several of you were concerned when I posted some apprehension about a vendor I didn't name. This should close the loop on this topic and put your mind at ease while alerting you to plan on ordering well in advance of your need for this product.

·
33 Moderator
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #527
I'm about 3 months into building our new home ... and my new shop. I intend to have the hot rod arrive under it's own power but that's not as important as the house and shop. I'll post some pictures as the shop starts looking like something.

LIKE MANY OF YOU, I've been disappointed in the rule changes and fees from several of the photo hosting sites. While I used and even paid for space on a couple of these sites, I have stopped paying. This means my images in this thread are either GONE, BLURRED, or BANNERED.

I'll take a few minutes each day to upload the images here, to the gallery. I should have used it from the start. :grin2:

·
33 Moderator
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #528
While I managed to complete a few small tasks on the hot rod, it's close to time to start packing it up. We should be moving to our new home in June and we need to get our current home rental ready. It sounds crazy but the CV issues have given my builders an opportunity to catch up and perhaps get ahead. The hot rod will be happier in my new shop and the sooner we move in, the more I save on the construction loan ...

·
33 Moderator
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #529
I've been shocked at how much work I've been allowed to do myself. I know this house inside and out. Being able to learn from the engineer and tradesmen has been a huge bonus. The only minor hitch was with the Alabama Dept of Environmental Management. Our house is the last lot to be built on in the subdivision. A permit from EM was issued and usually stays valid until the lots are built out. By some fluke, a homeowner closed out the ADEM permit and never consulted the developer or the HOA. Thank God we didn't "disturb" more than 1 acre and didn't technically require a permit. Even though they attempted fines >$17K :mad:

I'll be done with the shower in a few days and the rest of the crew is doing forms for the sidewalks and driveways. We also just formed up the foundation for a garden shed to keep my garage free of the lawn care crap. I haven't had a level driveway in about 19 years. I can't wait to live on level ground again.

·
33 Moderator
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #531
Geoff - Beautiful house, with garage/shop space that I can't even dream about. :cool:

Really looking forward to seeing you finish your build.

Good luck, Paul. :)
I know a bunch of people tired of seeing the hot rod but not hearing it. I'm doing a ton of work on the house myself. My painting is not as good as the Pro doing most of the house but my stain finishes are MUCH better. We just pulled him off all of the stain work and I just don't get how the crew does beautiful paint work but won't put the effort into staining. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
933 Posts
I know a bunch of people tired of seeing the hot rod but not hearing it.
Well, I'm a firm believer that full credit should always go to those who finish their builds despite life getting in the way.

I am sure that the time taken will not matter when you are finally driving it.

Good luck with the staining, take care, Paul. :)

521 - 532 of 532 Posts